Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

California Law, Any Questions.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Got a question about CA law. Post em up lets see if we can get them answered.

I don't know all the answers but I probably know where to look.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Is it legal to smack around little punk, hippie type kids who hide behind computer screens and poke fun of upstanding forum members? ;)

Lol, I have a question. I have heard that the law is a Secondary offense and you cannot be pulled over for it. Is that true?

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Lol, I have a question. I have heard that the law is a Secondary offense and you cannot be pulled over for it. Is that true?

If your talking the cell phone law it is as follows.

Adults==primary offense meaning it can be he only violation seen and get you pulled over
Minor==secondary offense meaning it can not be used as the violation to pull you over.

Adults==primary offense meaning it can be he only violation seen and get you pulled over
Minor==secondary offense meaning it can not be used as the violation to pull you over.

So if you are under 18 you cannot be pulled over, sweet. :) :guns:

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings

So those that are most LIKETLY to be using a cell phone and texting while driving aren't going to be pulled over for it?

Gunner

Is it legal to smack around little punk, hippie type kids who hide behind computer screens and poke fun of upstanding forum members? ;)
Especially little lost piggies???

Just cuz all the women pass on you doesn't mean Skaturd boy would...

SO, aaron, is it still illegal to have your car dropped lower than a beer can?

If so, Tony wants to volunteer for enforcement~

Aaron,
Although I've always thought it to be bizarre and dangerous, please outline your motorcycle "lane splitting" law. Just curious...

Lane-splitting means that during dense traffic motorcycles are allowed to travel between the stopped cars at up to 15MPH faster than the speed they are traveling.

RocketScience

Alleged Recruiter
Lane-splitting means that during dense traffic motorcycles are allowed to travel between the stopped cars at up to 15MPH faster than the speed they are traveling.
Thanks, but is there a speed limitation at which this so-called "dense traffic" can be moving when 'splitting' is allowed? Must the traffic be stopped? If not, what is considered "dense traffic"? Is it allowed on interstates only?

Sorry for all the questions, but I have heard so much layman B.S. about the understanding of law, I'd like to get it defined.

Lane-Splitting is the signal cyclists give for all the stopped cars to open their doors.

Thanks, but is there a speed limitation at which this so-called "dense traffic" can be moving when 'splitting' is allowed? Must the traffic be stopped? If not, what is considered "dense traffic"? Is it allowed on interstates only?

Sorry for all the questions, but I have heard so much layman B.S. about the understanding of law, I'd like to get it defined.

It is allowed at any speed on the freeway (crowded or not) and on surface streets motorcycles are allowed to pull between lanes of cars at stop lights.

Ford Truck Articles