Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Congratulations to our FTF Founder, Scott

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I know that I'm a few days late on this but I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate Scott (slmann) on the One Year Anniversary of our new home, Ford Truck Fanatics. The first membership to this website happened on January 23rd of 2007 by, you guessed it, our friend Scott. The following day Scott contacted Brad (Blue Goose) and Ryan (O'Rattlecan) and they joined up as our other two administrators. Next on the list was our current Super Moderator, Tom (MrFixIt), joining on the third day of this site's existence. Shortly after this, the site was invaded with many of our regular friends including Todd, Brian, Andy, Doc, Bob, Ernie, Eric... Shoot it'd take all day to recognize all of the guys and gals that play a huge role in our FTF community, so I won't bore you all with that.

I know I'm a pretty new addition to the site in terms of its existence here on the internet but I feel like I've been here all my life. You guys have truly taken me under your wing and showed me friendship that I could have never expected from a group of complete strangers.

Our membership has now grown to 319 members (as of this posting). Who woulda thunk that Scott could have taken this revolution so far. Which brings me back to the man of the hour. Our #1 admin and our #1 friend, Scott we owe it all to you buddy. As a VERY small token of my gratitude, I've created a signature picture for you to the best of my abilities. You don't take enough credit around here for being the SITE FOUNDER, being a very modest guy; so I've taken the liberty to add that title to your sig pic because God knows you deserve some recognition brother. I have nothing but high hopes for this website and all of the members that lovingly call it home.

Congratulations Scott.

Scott.png

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Last edited:

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
Thanks Chris. I'm just glad everyone enjoys this place and keeps coming back. We have a great group of members, probably the best you can find anywhere on the "net".

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
As always I'll give the disclaimer that of course you don't have to use the signature picture. And if you'd like to use it but would like some changes PLEASE let me know, I'd be glad to modify however you like.

wow.. a year already? man it seems like just a short time ago.
Scott...great job, Ryan thanks for the invite, everyone else.. go to hell. i'm kidding. this is a great place and i appreciate being here and "knowing" you.
Chris...good catch.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
I can't take much credit. Brad was the puppetmaster behind the scenes, he just elected me to pull this off the right way ;)

Brad deserves as much of the credit as I do. He was a big part in getting this site going and plays an even bigger part in keeping it going like it is.

So, thanks Brad for everything you do. :thanks:

Awww heck... Scott! Congrats... and thanks!!!

Gettin' syrupy-sweet in here... I feel a coma coming on...

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
Congratulations Scott!!!!

This is one great site!!!!!

bobf100

Congrats Scott!!! I appreciate all that you, Ryan and Brad do for this site. I consider it home and am thankful for all the other members who make me glad to be a member of this site. Thank you.

Mushy stuff over - somebody please pass me a beer.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Well, Scott sent a picture of his truck with the new wheels (and a few other addons) to me, and also requested that I make the F's look more like a T; and I agreed, it didn't look enough like a T but I settled for what I could find. After sifting through a bunch of fonts and trying different things this is what I came out with. Tell me whatchu guys think :)
Scott2.png

ps. Ryan I figured out your secret!! Or maybe you told me.... Anyways, you'll notice that you can see the color of the the background through the passenger window. I cropped the passenger window out and made it into its own layer, then adjusted the opacity of just that layer down to 50% so the window was STILL there, but became translucent :)

Last edited:

She Devil

Trucks are for GIRLS!
A house...
Thanks to all of you! Thanks to Brian for pointing me here! I feel I've made some great friends and am making more. Several of you have made me feel welcome from the first day I got here. :)

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Holy crap! It's been a year already?!?!

WOW! Congrats to Scott and Brad and Ryan and Tom! They've all made it a great place!!

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
We're thrilled you're all here.

Not to amend the original story too much, because it is close... BUT

We had been kicking around the idea of an alternate site for a while, and even had a free board set up 'just in case.' Brad ended up calling me one day letting me know Scott just up and bought the stinkin site. :p What was funny is that we had a few different names we were discussing, and BAM. The decision had been made. :rofl2:

It's really a pleasure knowing all of you. I look forward to logging each and every time to see what's up next.

Most of all, thank you all for being here.

Scott is the man.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles