Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

getting ready to swap motors

im putting a rebuilt I6 in. is this going to be a pretty straight forward swap? Onw thing i am wondering is where exactly do i put my hoist onto this thing to pull it out? its not like a v8...v anything to look for?

Joe

and will a flywheel and a c6 from a v8 fit my truck? i got a couple of parts to buy for my motor still and was just wondering about that too because i can get a good c6...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
and will a flywheel and a c6 from a v8 fit my truck? i got a couple of parts to buy for my motor still and was just wondering about that too because i can get a good c6...

If it's a SB the C6 came from then yes it'll work...if not, wrong pattern.

this may be way out there, but i know on the older trucks with 4 speeds, some v8's had weights on the flywheels to balance it but the 300 was an internally balanced engine and you shouldnt use the flywheels with the weight on them, like i said this may be way out there correct me if im wrong or it doesnt matter in his situation.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Im not sure on 6s but I know 302 have a 28 oz (I believe) wieght on em. Ya dont wanna mix up an internally balanced with an externally balaced. It also pertains to automatic flexplates.

Craigwell

Improvising Adventurer
I use the drilled and tapped hole on the front of the cylinder head, and a bellhousing - to - block fastener diagonally opposite of the right side of the cylinder head point (when looking from the front). Hope that helps.

New newer EFI's have that nice lift point hoop, I wonder how much - if any work it would be to adapt one of them onto a carb engine..

good luck, i know it's a late response. The flywheels are NOT interchangeable, other posters are right with the different balance.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
I believe the hoist looks just attach to the exhaust manifold bolts on the one side so that's easy enough....you could just stick a bolt through a link on a chain and screw it into one of the accessory bracket holes on the engine to lift it...and NO the flywheel will not interchange but the trans will.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts