Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Glad The SD's Have Front Tow Hooks

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
While pulling into the airport parking lot this AM, I pulled in too far and bump the cement wall in front of me. Thinking I had scratched my bumper.... I was glad to see that the tow hooks bumped the wall and not my bumper.

Sure glad Ford uses front tow hooks... not sure if I will use to tow anything... but twice they have prevented my bumper from getting damaged.

Thank you Ford SD bumper design team!!!!

blacksnapon

Staff member
Um...Beach...Uh....Make sure you've got your eyes open whenever youre pulling into those spots>

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Yeah I can see it now, curb feelers on an excursion. :rofl:

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
One of the first investments I made after buying my new F350 was a 35,000 tow strap (don't quote me on the rating but I know I bought one stout enouf to tow out anything I need) I never thought I would use it but thought I should have one just in case. Sure enough was out dog training and someone got stuck in the mud. Hooked up to the vehicle and to the tow hooks on the front and they were out in no time.

So I agree with Beach. Thanks for the front tow hooks.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Yeah I can see it now, curb feelers on an excursion. :rofl:

Hey... now that is an idea....

My next mod(s) will be....

1) Chrome curb feelers

2) Those rubber things that people drag behind their cars and drag on the ground for some unkown reason.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Um...Beach...Uh....Make sure you've got your eyes open whenever youre pulling into those spots>

Well... to my defense I got up at 4:00am and pulled into the airport at 5:15am for a 6:00am flight.... I was half asleep.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
2) Those rubber things that people drag behind their cars and drag on the ground for some unkown reason.

Jeff actually that serves a purpose, its a grounding strap. Ever get tired of getting shocked in the dry winter air opening the door to your truck? Put one of those on and it will stop.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
One of the first investments I made after buying my new F350 was a 35,000 tow strap (don't quote me on the rating but I know I bought one stout enouf to tow out anything I need) I never thought I would use it but thought I should have one just in case. Sure enough was out dog training and someone got stuck in the mud. Hooked up to the vehicle and to the tow hooks on the front and they were out in no time.

So I agree with Beach. Thanks for the front tow hooks.

Funny thing is I too carry a 2-1/2" tow strap for emergencies, but have yet to use it for me or anyione else.... but I have it in case!!!!!

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Jeff actually that serves a purpose, its a grounding strap. Ever get tired of getting shocked in the dry winter air opening the door to your truck? Put one of those on and it will stop.

Curb feelers and rubber straps.....

All I need is too lower my truck so it rubs on the ground, install low-profile tires and large rims and a sound system that goes "boom - boom - boom".

Look out "inner city".... here I come!!!

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
I bought a tow strap years ago for my ranger. I have never been pulled out with it, but I have used to more times than I can count to pull other people. It is still in good shape, but muddy and greasy now.

Wow... a ranger with a tow strap????

What were these "other people" driving.... a go-cart????

:wavey: :beer: YelloThumbUp :nana: bigdance

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Wow... a ranger with a tow strap????

What were these "other people" driving.... a go-cart????

:wavey: :beer: YelloThumbUp :nana: bigdance
Oh yeah, Beach is in da' house!! Good one there!!

I've used my front tow hooks a few times. We have a guided trail ride here in Misery, sorry, Missouri and I sometimes have to drive down a narrow trail to unstick our Ford 9-N that was smoothing things out. No room to turn around so the front hooks are extremely handy!

Kep4

Jäger
Funny thing is I too carry a 2-1/2" tow strap for emergencies, but have yet to use it for me or anyione else.... but I have it in case!!!!!
I've used a 30K snatch strap to pull my buddies 2500HD Duraslack (2wd :spank: ) out of the mud twice..... with his 10K trailer hooked up to it both times! :nana:

Oh to have had my camcorder with me... 'hah'

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
I've used a 30K snatch strap to pull my buddies 2500HD Duraslack (2wd :spank: ) out of the mud twice..... with his 10K trailer hooked up to it both times! :nana:

Oh to have had my camcorder with me... 'hah'

Now that is why we need a video section here... just in case the next time you have your video camera with you!!!

Hey... now that is an idea....

1) Chrome curb feelers

I haven't seen any chrome curbs lately so I think you're safe.

Sure, they CALL them ground straps but they're actually what we call southern justice tie-downs... for the "undesireables" in town ;)

Either that or the tank straps hangin down from the last dip we blasted thru...
Maybe what you need is one of those dolly parton mirrors like they use on front of the 'little bus"... just ask Ryan..

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts