Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Soft top

So after seeing how this guy set his soft top up with the carcass of an old hardtop I've decided to try to do something similiar.

scan0001-1.jpg

scan0002.jpg

I picked up the old hard top from the farm yesterday and started cutting. I got a little fiberglass reinforcement to do as some of the bonding has broke loose on the right side upright. More pics as I go.

dsc02620.jpg

dsc02621.jpg

dsc02624.jpg

And this is where I left off yesterday. I need to also do some fiberglass work around the center hole as it was cracked all the way to. You can see how it sags a bit in the middle. It may not affect it once it is mounted to the Bronco.

dsc02623.jpg

So after seeing how this guy set his soft top up with the carcass of an old hardtop I've decided to try to do something similiar.

scan0001-1.jpg

scan0002.jpg

I picked up the old hard top from the farm yesterday and started cutting. I got a little fiberglass reinforcement to do as some of the bonding has broke loose on the right side upright. More pics as I go.

dsc02620.jpg

dsc02621.jpg

dsc02624.jpg

And this is where I left off yesterday. I need to also do some fiberglass work around the center hole as it was cracked all the way to. You can see how it sags a bit in the middle. It may not affect it once it is mounted to the Bronco.

dsc02623.jpg

Where can I get this info, This is why I joined this forum
Dave

It was in a Broncodriver magazine. Try Broncodriver.com's website they may be able to help ya.

It was in a Broncodriver magazine. Try Broncodriver.com's website they may be able to help ya.

What issue was that in.
According to softop.com the makers of top the optional framework which similar to what you have is $299.00
They do have a PDF file with the install also.
Did you just subscribe or did you actually find the mag in a store.

Last edited:
I subscribe to it now but not when that issue came out. I think it was 2 issues ago but am not certain.

Ford Truck Articles