Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Pics of my newest mod.

Smashed96gt

Delaware Chapter member
As some of you know I was the only 4x4 in attendance at Brenda's meet that didn't have off road lights. For those of you that weren't there I took a good bit of greif over not having them.

So when I got home I dug out an old set that was originally going to go on my '87 4x4 that I ended up getting rid of. Then I found this thread on Ranger-Forums about making light tabs. http://www.ranger-forums.com/forum2/f6/f43/84177-how-make-light-tabs.html

So after work on Monday I welded up a set of my own.

0727091820.jpg

0727091820a.jpg

And then mounted the lights.

0728091805.jpg

0728091806.jpg

All in all it took me about 2 hours to fab the light tabs, mount the lights, and run the wiring. I probably could have done it faster but I drank the last of the beers that were in the fridge while I was doing it.

Looking good man. :D

Welcome to our little enclave of insanity we call FTF. :p :wavey: :)

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Looks good!

And the brackets look strong enough to keep them from bending back against the grill, till you hit 'bout 220mph+ smilieneenar

TazDevil07

Go Ahead and Git Some Boy
WOOHOO!! Thats awesome Bill. I don't remember you get that much grief over not having em. 'hah' They look great!!

Smashed96gt

Delaware Chapter member
How did you mount the bracket to the bumper?

The hole you can see in the pics goes behind the bumper and uses one of the factory bumper bolts to hold it in place.

Ford Truck Articles