Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2inch lift and train horn...

Raging Buck

New Jersey Chapter member
Dude I was driving only 35 on a 40mph road! There is no way I should be 100ft+ away and still get up on someone's *** as you pull out. I have a horn now though so its all good, laid on the horn though he still didn't get the picture. :headbang:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I drove 35 in a 40 once...during a funeral procession :rofl:

Raging Buck

I'm getting used to the speed in the Bronco compared to the Mustang. At 35 you feel your going faster than that in the Bronco when you would feel like your tooting along in the Mustang. smilietease

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
LOL .................

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
:point2: I'm laughing with you

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
:rolling laugh:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I would look into a 6" suspension lift like Ben suggested. 4 inch body lift just sounds bad lol.

Raging Buck

I got to think about who can fix it outta my friends plus its a girl's truck it can be forgiven even though it bought it that way. Plus that just increases the price.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Well if you are going to keep the truck for a long time I would do it right or just leave it how it is and enjoy it and save your money especially if you won't be doing any major offroading.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I'm just saying that if you weren't going to then just keep it like it is. My friend just paid $23k for a lifted F150 crew and I'm still trying to convince him to take it offroad.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Yeah that might be a good idea. My friend got pulled over twice in two days of driving his new truck :rolling laugh:

Well I'm saying 2inch because it already have a 4inch body lift.

OUCH! 4" of body lift has gotta make it look like the body is floating over the frame. Lose the body lift and roll all 6" of lift into the suspension. You will be a LOT happier!

I suppose its a matter of personal taste but then body lifts don't accomplish anything as far as I'm concerned other than weaken the bond between body and frame. Loss of structural integrity is one of those unacceptable compromises for me.

Raging Buck

OUCH! 4" of body lift has gotta make it look like the body is floating over the frame. Lose the body lift and roll all 6" of lift into the suspension. You will be a LOT happier!

I suppose its a matter of personal taste but then body lifts don't accomplish anything as far as I'm concerned other than weaken the bond between body and frame. Loss of structural integrity is one of those unacceptable compromises for me.

I bought it that way, but thanks. I would have done it right.
I mean it doesn't look bad, doesn't seem bad. But I wouldn't know. [confused]

Please don't misunderstand me. I meant only that it is not the way I would achieve such a lift. I've undone things that PO's have done to vehicles that I have acquired, many times in the past. I'm still a firm believer in the idea that "Its your ride, its yours to do as you like."

I sometimes let my opinion get in the way of sounding more open-minded. Apologies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts