Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Thunder is Alive

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
This one was extremely sentimental for me. Maybe even shed a tear the first time she fired...maybe. I was 10 years old when I picked out the options with my dad for this truck. I was there when it came off the truck. I was the one that bought it when he fell on hard times. It started knocking 5 years ago and was parked. Moved maybe 10 miles over that time. It's kept me pretty busy on the weekends over the last couple months. Was able to find a 10,000 mile 96 460, stripped it down to a short block and went from there. The more I dug, the uglier it got. But she's brand new under the skin now. Trans had 15k on it when parked. Computer was fried, have a manual computer in it now just to get it running, can shift manually, so I still need to buy a new auto computer. And the new rear tank/pump came in last week, that I'll need to swap in. Needs a new AC compressor as well, but not overly important at the moment. I'm The Odo isn't displaying, but not sure if that isn't related to the computer...but that's last on the to do list. And this one literally has moss growing on it...not sure if I can afford Austin on this one...haha.

i

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
That's awesome Ben....congrats....a great feeling indeed!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'll do the rev when she's done...as a final fawk yeah.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
So Thunder still needs a computer...and then she'll be 100% done.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Get one and get it done already. You are waffling worse than Duncan and I do.

Just run out of time when I'm home...and difficult to toss in 4 hours away. Stupid me left the computer and it's info on the back seat. Might tell the old man to cut the storage lock off and snag it for me though.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
So Thunder still needs a computer...and then she'll be 100% done.

So this is has become a slightly bigger issue than anticipated. Through all the moving, appears I've misplaced the original computer. I've just been running the truck around with a manual computer and manually shifting. Decided I'd just buy another, and the way it looks, Ford put a different flipping computer in every single 460/e4od truck they ever made. Ok ok...so there are just a handful, but I either have to get to unpacking boxes or cross my fingers that a dealership is willing to tell me what I need from the vin.

always hated that about ford. hope the dealer can help!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I have a spreadsheet laying around somewhere that will allow you to look on ebay for the correctly coded computer.

Ryan

Thanks...I would not be opposed to taking a gander.

Ford Truck Articles