Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generation 5

Generation 5 1967-1972 F100, F250, F350

Old 05-01-2015, 06:23 PM
owned by Fords

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
BTW, the ZF ts a bad azz trans, and although cost more, is well worth the money.
You can tell them when you look at them, they have PTO (power take off ) plates on them
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2015, 07:22 PM

Chung is on a distinguished road
Awesome. It might be a little while before I can get to actually do it, but I'll certainly let y'all know how it goes.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:55 AM
owned by Fords

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
Keep us posted, and let us know what you end up with.

Around here, a good ZF will run $12-1600
Watch for too much play in the head shaft. The way you tell, the whole front case will be wet with oil, Or if you happen to be lucky enough to drive it, it will "rattle" at an idle
Old 05-02-2015, 07:28 PM

I found a site that sells both in brand new condition. Once I decide on which I want, I'll get in touch with them for one.
smartpartsauto.com

Last edited by Chung; 05-02-2015 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:20 PM

cbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung View Post
I found a site that sells both in brand new condition. Once I decide on which I want, I'll get in touch with them for one.
smartpartsauto.com
Heck ya..nice ride!....

Im not a bum,Im on vacation!....
Old 05-02-2015, 08:23 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I've heard of the M5OD. Would it be a direct fit? Or would the zf be easier? I like the truck as-is, but I currently use it as a daily driver and would rather not be at 4500rpm at 65mph. Thanks for the info.
What gears and tires are you running?..that seems really high!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 05-03-2015, 03:35 AM

Not a clue on the gears. I believe the tires are stock. I was so busy having fun cruising around in it, I forgot to check before I came to work.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:28 AM

cbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Not a clue on the gears. I believe the tires are stock. I was so busy having fun cruising around in it, I forgot to check before I came to work.
I bought a 61 chevy pu one time that someone had changed the
engine from a 6 to a 350 engine,but it was a auto trans.,My problem
I had with it was,any thing over 60 mph,it sounded like I needed
another gear.
I think the gear ratio in the rear end was matched for the 6 cyl engine,
an the spd of that era...So you might have to take that in consideration.

Im not a bum,Im on vacation!....
Old 05-03-2015, 09:33 PM
owned by Fords

Quote:
smartpartsauto.com
Keep in mind your going to need a lot of other stuff

Crossmember and trans mount
Front half of driveshaft
Clutchslave inside transmission and throwout bearing
hydro line
master cyl
clutch pedal and mount
There is also a firewall plate from 80-87 to stiffen the firewall, you will have to make something

I think the new transmission is a great idea, but you are still going to be saving some parts up
Old 05-04-2015, 06:52 PM

My uncle has a friend that works at a local transmission shop. I'm going to get with him to make sure I've got everything and have help putting it in.