Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1960 Ford valuation question

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Good question. Here's a '60 after a frame-off resto for $18500. Not that they're comparable- but $18500 wouldn't begin to pay for a frame off resto, and that truck is done... not a project.

Ultimately, it comes down to how badly you want it and what you're willing to pay.

Good question.

Ultimately, it comes down to how badly you want it and what you're willing to pay.

X2 on this , it all depends on your region too - i have a 87 F150 5.0 in what i would call tidy condition and had it valued a few months ago for insurance. It came back with a value of $17500.00 which to most Americans would be way over what you would expect to pay.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Valuation is one of those things that has many factors:

1) Location- the sooner a vehicle gets eaten up in the area, the higher a clean vehicle can go
2) Audience- The average Barrett Jackson buyer will probably be more willing to spend more than the ebay buyer. And auctions generally pull higher premiums than private sales
3) Appeal of the vehicle- 4x4's and short beds generally always pull higher premiums within their own era. However, the 57-60 trucks are a pretty small and niche market.
4) Remember appraised value and other people's asking prices aren't market value/selling prices.

That said, I love the old fridges, and market value on something like that I'd bet would be in the 10k range, maybe push to 12-13k in the rust belt.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
It's worth whatever Ben is willing to pay for it. :D

That looks like a decent truck. There is more of a demand for the 292 V8, but the 223 will actually do a lot of work for it's size.(Read as 1 ton of hay stacked in the back for a 40 mile trip.)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^If it were a 250 from 59 with a transfer case...id be all over it.

Ford Truck Articles