Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Seems like no fuel

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
So I had the crew cab fine and dany for like 3 days and now it won't coldstart , it will run fine once it's started, but it won't start after it sets for awhile, hasn't ran in two days. I hear the fuel pump for each tank, fuel filter is new.. I tried renting a fuel pressure gauge but no one has one. Fuel pressure relay and fuel pump supply fuse are good. Could it be the fuel pressure regulator?

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
I can cycle it all day long and it still won't budge man,I popped the regulator off and it's got fuel, u can see it in the line. I cycled the key once and it squirted out from the line where the regulator is, I'm gonna see if it smells of fuel tomorrow, I'm starting to think it's the regulator

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
Just replaced the regulator and still no go, possibly maf sensor?

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Just cranks, with absolutely NO fire?

Or is it cranking and maybe firing randomly but not enough to start?

Have you checked spark to make sure your getting good spark?

What does your coil look like? Rotor? Cap?

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
It gets spark, coil, cap& rotor are all brand new MSD and new plugs too

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
It doesnt even try to start, it wil crank n turn over but it never fires

Are you sure the injectors are operating ? - if you got spark and fuel pressure on the schrader valve and it was running before then she should go.

Beg borrow or steal a fuel pressure testing gauge (great excuse to buy a new tool) as maybe there is not enough pressure.

Double check all wiring connections and lines that you may have disturbed during your ignition upgrade - check that you tightened down the bolt on your distributor timing adjustment - did you pull the distributor ?

Its just a process of elimination - just try the simple stuff first before you go looking for any complicated solutions (been there done that ... too many times)

Cheers Mark

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
I'm checking codes in the morning, hopefully it's not a fuel pump, I need to get ahold of a fuel pressure gauge but no one has one in town w a ford adaptor, I may get in touch w my old high school auto teacher to c if they have one...I'm thinking it'll either b a bad sensor or a fuel pump..everything else checks off good

Ford Truck Articles