Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Superduties & Other Trucks > Superduty Gen.1

Superduty Gen.1 1999-2007 F250, F350, F450, F550

Old 12-17-2018, 03:35 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
Been smelling cooking coolant

For the last month i been smelling coolant cooking like it was leaking around the engine somewhere... but could never find where the leak was... could only smell it when the truck had been ran and smelled like the leak was somewhere on the passenger side or whenever i walked past the front of the truck... but yet never could i find the source of the smell...

today i was working under the truck without running it.. (was installing a hose clamp a friend sent me for the lower radiator hose.. early 6.0's didnt get a clamp to keep the hose off the drag link but later models did).. i happen to look up and see the drag link and crank pulley wet with coolant colored water... but still wasnt sure if it was the intake donut or the water pump...

luckily dad had bought a bore scope camera... couldnt find the source at the donut.. went underneath and fished the probe up around the pulleys and low and behold a very wet waterpump pulley... so looks like ill be changing the water pump now...

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

"I never FAIL... I succeed at finding what doesn't work."
-Christopher Titus
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2018, 08:43 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck. I just had the same problem on a not ford. Water pump gasket was bad, but it was boiling off before it hit the ground. Didn't find it until I replaced the timing belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Old 12-18-2018, 10:24 AM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
right now im trying to decide if i want to do the 7.3 old school mechanical fan clutch conversion or if i want to just stay with the 6.0 electronic fan clutch...

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus
Old 12-18-2018, 01:56 PM
don't play well w others

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
go electric, you will be happy. You can get a set of fans and a controller for the same amount as the clutch fan your talking about
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 005.JPG (1.13 MB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 019.JPG (1.05 MB, 6 views)
Old 12-18-2018, 06:09 PM
Virginia Chapter member

others i had talked to that did the fully electric fan swap on the 6.0's said they had over heating issues as they didnt move enough air to cool it off...

-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus
Old 12-19-2018, 12:00 PM

cbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond repute
Lol......this post reminds me when I first started working at the parks!

My co-worker took me for a ride to show me around at all the parks an I
was smelling something funny ,it was that distinctive smell like hot anti-freeze ,
I thought maybe the heater core was leaking ,well I told him about it an we
searched every where an didn't find no leaks ,LOL.....come to find out ,it was
his dang cappuccino that smelled like the anti-freeze!....

Im not a bum,Im on vacation!....
Old 12-19-2018, 04:40 PM
Virginia Chapter member

maybe he was drinking anti-freeze... lol

-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus
Old 12-20-2018, 04:17 PM
Virginia Chapter member

waterpumps currently sitting in Phoenix AZ... says it wont be delivered till Wed...

-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus