Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Superduties & Other Trucks > Superduty Gen.3

Superduty Gen.3 2011-up F250, F350, F450, F550

Old 12-30-2016, 09:48 AM

locotonyf is on a distinguished road
2015 F350 Super Duty Diesel and Transfer Flow 57 Gallon midship replacement fuel tank

How or where to reprogram fuel gauge from 36 gallons to 57 gallons? Anyone have experience with this? My truck still thinks it has a 36 gallon tank.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2016, 10:45 AM
Charter Member

CowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond repute
If it's a module that needs to be recalibrated to reflect a new tank size, I'd use my laptop, FORScan, and OBDlink MX to tap into the network (other adapters are out there) and if issues were to arise, I'd work with the development team to make it happen.

-Life is far too short to be serious all the time. So if you can't stop and laugh at yourself along the way, give me a call and I'll do it for you.

04 Ranger Fx4 Level II, 5R55E, Sonic Blue Pearl, loaded.

Useful Ford Vehicle Resources:

Owners Manuals >>> http://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandse...owner-manuals/
Build Information (click on "vehicle") >>> https://www.etis.ford.com/
Wiring schematics and TSB's (click on "technical information") >>> http://bbbind.com/
Repair guides, includes schematics w/connector pinouts >>> http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/r...nfoLanding.jsp

Last edited by CowboyBilly9Mile; 12-30-2016 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyBilly9Mile View Post
If it's a module that needs to be recalibrated to reflect a new tank size, I'd use my laptop, FORScan, and OBDlink MX to tap into the network (other adapters are out there) and if issues were to arise, I'd work with the development team to make it happen.
Thanks for that, CowboyBilly9Mile. I didn't see your post in time to investigate that possibility. You're saying that I may have been able to do it myself?

Old 01-23-2017, 05:44 PM

Here is the resolution I found and am very happy with:

The Ford Service Department said that there would be choices but they would be unable to just plug in a number. They took a look and gave me the choice of setting the fuel gauge and related data to 55 or 60 gallons. Of course, I had them set it for 55 gallons. I have a 57 gallon fuel tank.

Now, I have a 57 gallon fuel tank with a gauge that goes to zero at 55 gallons. That gives me an emergency 2 gallon reserve at Empty. Suits me. I like it better, in fact, than the desired 57 gallon setting.