Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Please help

My 06 f350 6.0l won't start. Earlier today I parked my truck, it was running fine, when I came back it wouldn't start. I got the code for the crank shaft sensor. I found one ( the only on in my area) did the r&r and the old girl fired right up. Drove it home and later needed to go some where and it won't start again. It cranks but no start. My questions are, why not? Can the crank shaft sensor be bypassed?

blacksnapon

Staff member
My 06 f350 6.0l won't start. Earlier today I parked my truck, it was running fine, when I came back it wouldn't start. I got the code for the crank shaft sensor. I found one ( the only on in my area) did the r&r and the old girl fired right up. Drove it home and later needed to go some where and it won't start again. It cranks but no start. My questions are, why not? Can the crank shaft sensor be bypassed?
Way too many things can cause a no start on the 6.0. Crank shaft sensor, camshaft sensor, wiring, connectors, high pressure oil system leaks, fuel delivery issues. And no, it cant be bypassed, it needs that impulse to tell when a cylinder is coming up to tdc.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Thank you I have an update. It started and ran fine this morning. Now it won't start again when it's warmed up. Any suggestions?
When its warmed up, any small high pressure oil leaks are more apt to show because the oil is thinner when hot. Cheapest fix is dummy plugs and o-rings. Without readings of ICP when you have a no start, thats my guess. You have to have 500 psi just to start.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts