Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

302 dying at warm highway speeds

It can be a problem if it happens. Some vehicles use a return line from the fuel pump to the tank to help it move more quickly and reduce the chance of it vaporizing. If you have an area where the fuel line and the exhaust system is close, try to do something to insulate one from the other.

Sorry for the delay. I replaced the ICM. Started like a champ and currently does. I ended up replacing fuel filter and also putting an inline filter. That was the main problem. I ended up finding crud coming from tank. Going to have to drop the tank and clean out. Probably just replace (only $120 on LMC). Thank for the information. The plans are endless for this truck.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Sorry for the delay. I replaced the ICM. Started like a champ and currently does. I ended up replacing fuel filter and also putting an inline filter. That was the main problem. I ended up finding crud coming from tank. Going to have to drop the tank and clean out. Probably just replace (only $120 on LMC). Thank for the information. The plans are endless for this truck.

Great!!!YelloThumbUp

What other companies are there that are dedicated to old fords? Also is there anything, like additives, so I don't have to drop gas tank? Basically clean from the inside out.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I'm not familiar with additives, but other companies that sell gas tanks are quite plentiful.

Dennis Carpenter, Bronco Graveyard, Mac's Antique Auto Parts, Blue Oval Truck Parts, National Parts Depot, etc.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Glad to hear about the solutions to your problem, those Duraspark II control modules can be pesky little buggers. Glad to hear you changed your fuel filter, and went to an inline filter, my thoughts are to change your fuel filter at least once a year, or whenever your filter is clogged, another thought would be an inline fuel filter with a replaceable element, that's what I did on my 78 F-150 Ranger Lariat with a 351M / 400 engine with a four barrel carburetor, and I keep a package of spare elements in my glove compartment. Mr. Gasket makes them and the replacement elements and they are rather reasonably priced. You can get them at Autozone, Advance Auto Parts, NAPA, or any other auto parts store.
Hopefully you find this rather helpful. I've found that LMC Truck is a good company to deal with, and $120 seems rather reasonably priced, and their quality is good, and they have excellent customer service. smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Bear in mind with LMC, you get what you pay for.

Ford Truck Articles