Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Superduties & Other Trucks > Ranger/Bronco II

Ranger/Bronco II Mazda B-Series

Old 01-07-2018, 07:27 PM
4xford

racsan is just really niceracsan is just really niceracsan is just really niceracsan is just really nice
next ranger for me?.... maybe

stumbled across this today, a very clean, low milage 2005 2wd ranger. they want nearly 9K for it, but its like new, and with under 18K miles, i guess you could say it is. think i'll drive it tommorow, never drove a duratech 4 cyl, i suppose my 94 would get laughed at as a trade. lol. its a shortbed reg cab, dont know the gear ratio but from what i could tell by research its anywhere from a 3.55/3.73/4.10
from the dealer picture i can tell theyve had it awhile, theres been snow here for a few weeks and theres no snow in the pictures. the only other ranger they have right now is more of what id like but not as good of shape.
heres a link to the dealer page:

http://www.mathewsfordmarion.com/use...21136d6adb.htm

pictures--> https://www.flickr.com/photos/154582...h/37156884305/
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2018, 09:54 PM
The Token Canadian
Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Looks in damn nice shape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 01-07-2018, 10:18 PM
Charter Member

CowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond repute
Ask if the airbag recall has been implemented.

-Life is far too short to be serious all the time. So if you can't stop and laugh at yourself along the way, give me a call and I'll do it for you.

04 Ranger Fx4 Level II, 5R55E, Sonic Blue Pearl, loaded.

Useful Ford Vehicle Resources:

Owners Manuals >>> http://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandse...owner-manuals/
Build Information (click on "vehicle") >>> https://www.etis.ford.com/
Wiring schematics and TSB's (click on "technical information") >>> http://bbbind.com/
Repair guides, includes schematics w/connector pinouts >>> http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/r...nfoLanding.jsp
Old 01-08-2018, 07:34 AM
Texas Chapter member

Jasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to behold
Very clean! I wouldn't believe the mileage except for the condition it's in.

'77 F100 Flareside

"If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway."
Old 01-08-2018, 09:21 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, it looks nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Old 03-20-2018, 05:03 PM
4xford

racsan is just really niceracsan is just really niceracsan is just really niceracsan is just really nice
i ended up passing on it, too much $ and they wouldnt come off the price, sure less than 20K miles, but still a 2005. i did test drive it and wasnt impressed, i figured it would have more performace than it did, my 94 has a curb weight of 3,000 and is much peppier to drive, yes it has 4.10 gears too, but you figure it also is running 235/75/15 tires. that shortbed had nothing on it (where my 94 was running a cap at the time, tools in the back, grille guard-probly another 500# +) the 05 is the newer 2.3 (mazda dohc) supposed to be about 140 hp (my "pinto" 2.3 is 100 hp) the 05 has 225/70/15's running 3.73's just didnt seem to be very quick off the line, i think my 94 would have beat it light-to-light. now yes, alot of other things were better, brakes, tight steering, heater,a/c. but just wasnt what i was expecting powerwise. and since with financing it would have came to almost the orignial purchace price, i just wouldnt pay that. surprizingly i never got any follow up calls, i figured i would, used to be if you talked to a dealer and they got your number they would bug you to death. i jokingly asked for a trade in appriasal on my 94, knowing good and well they wouldnt take it, though i mentioned they had a 2001 edge that the back bumper was about to break off at the frame from rust and mine would indeed pull a trailer. oh well. i did want to see how a newer 2.3 duratech drove. its ok but guess i will stick with my older (and paid for) iron for now.

pictures--> https://www.flickr.com/photos/154582...h/37156884305/
Old 03-21-2018, 09:20 AM
Redneck Prognosticator

O'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond repute
They never bothered updating the drive trains much, development pretty much froze.

Ryan