Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

86 F-150 Off-Road Bumper

Does anyone have any links or any reccomendations on an off road bumper with a winch point for these trucks? I'm wanting to start building my truck and step one is a bumper.

Does anyone have any links or any reccomendations on an off road bumper with a winch point for these trucks? I'm wanting to start building my truck and step one is a bumper.

I don't know of any off the shelf bumpers, but maybe you have a friend who is a welder and you can build one. Mine is homemade and extra heavy duty, it also has a warn m12000 winch mounted to it.

Attachments

• IMG_20160728_003536.jpg
I like that look. what did you use as a template?

Bumper was built as an idea , no pattern, it's one of.a kind, just built from what was needed to do the job, I can't take credit for this bumper on my truck, but have built several others for different trucks over the years, some very similar and some very mild and some wild, I build the uprights and then add on to that. The bumper above is 3/8 plate steel, consists of 2 uprights, 2 tubes , bottom plate, front plate with 2 angles ,and corners are made from 1/4 checker plate steel of 2 pieces per side, front plate rolled and top plate. It's a pretty simple bumper. Uprights at frame width for easy mounting.

Cardboard works well as a template, easy to work with, will hold its shape. Usually what I use to mock up an idea

Ford Truck Articles