Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hello from Oregon

Hey, hello ford forum. Names Brandon, from the great northwest. First Ime ford owner. My wifes grandmother passed away and left a 1977 f100 to my father in law who sold it to me for $800. the body is in decent shape minus the huge dent on the passenger rear panel. The engine is a rebuilt 351m that runs decent. I plan to fix all of the body issues and make myself something to he proud to drive.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Duck or Beaver? :) And what part of Oregon do you hail from?

Welcome to FTF!
seeyamustang.gif

Welcome. Post up some pictures!

Here are a few from right after I got it. It has just under 34k on the rebuilt engine, which sat (minus the occasional dump run) for about six years before I got it. Went through the carb and cleaned it out, lubed it to help fix the dead spot. Fixed the distributor, which wasn't by choice but the pin that holds the reluctor in place sheared about 2 miles from my buddies shop directly after working on the carb, causing the engine to jump time and kill the engine.

On the way home today the engine backfired into the carb 3 times, needless to say I'm getting annoyed a bit with it. I think I'll go back to body work this evening. Thank god for mechanic friends, because I suck as one.

Attachments

• Best_shot.jpg
  • DENT_side.jpg
  • driver_side_rear.jpg

Ford Truck Articles