Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Scds recall question

Today I took my 96 f250 7.3 powerstroke in for its speed control deactivation switch recall. When I took it in its scds connector was melted from the scds malfunctioning and burning the connector a little. They had my truck for a little under 2 hours for what was suppose to be a simple 30 minute fix. When I got my truck back I didn't think to check it over before I left, was in a rush to get to my work, didn't think anything would be wrong, stupid of me not to check I know. What they did for my recall was install the new revised scds and put a new connector in, I didn't see if they checked the servo connector. There is no blue tag indicating that the recall was performed, nor is there a inline fuse of any kind on the wiring to the scds. Is this a new revised scds that doesn't need a double fused jumper harness installed? Until I get some conformation on this I'm leaving the scds unplugged. Just want to know if this is typical for the recall or if my local dealership messed up. :headbang: This is driving me up the wall because this is the one time my truck has been into the dealership for anything, I do my own maintenance on it and keep everything in good shape. Just keep thinking they messed up, and I don't want to find my truck burned down because some clown didn't install everything properly. :headbang: :headbang:

Last edited:

blacksnapon

Staff member
They should have installed a jumper harness (fuse is in the harness) and a switch (if it was leaking) that screws into the master cylinder.

They installed new scds and new pigtail connector, but I don't see a fuse, is it super small or am I overlooking it? It appears there's only about 8" of pigtail before the scds wires get fed into the loom, and there's only some tiny wire loom from the connector to the main body harness loom. Not seeing where there could be a fuse. Guess I'm gonna have to watch them do it this time.

They should have installed a jumper harness (fuse is in the harness) and a switch (if it was leaking) that screws into the master cylinder.

They didn't install a jumper harness, they cut off my melted connector, and put on a connector matching the revised scds. So to be clear, they definitely messed up, and there should be a double fused jumper harness between the two?

blacksnapon

Staff member
The harness is 8-10 inches long, and has 2 connectors on it to tap into the circuit. Theres 2 zip ties that are on the harness to secure it up. The fuse is internal. No cutting and splicing involved.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts