Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

HELP! stuck in 4 wheel drive

Medic2DaResq

medic2DaResq
Can someone please help me? I was using my bronco the other day to pull another vehicle onto a trailer I didnt have any problems while going forward , but after I put my truck into reverse to give the tow chain slack, I heard and felt a very load bang from underneath my truck. Not sure what it was we comtinued to load the other vehicle with my truck but every time I put it in reverse and backed a few feet I heard again the load bang from underneath. After loading the other vehicle when I pulled forward I attempted to take my truck out of 4 wheel by pushing the button on the dash, but the light wouldnt go off and I noticed I was still in 4 wheel, low. I could not get it to disengage the 4x4. I need help.....:headbang:

Medic2DaResq

medic2DaResq
Well I did what you said, I jacked up my truck removed the shift motor and was able to turn the shift rod back to 2H. I just finished reinstalling the shift motor and was so proud of myself for achieving results that easily,(most girls would'nt even think about crawling under a truck) I had to come in and take a break.I will finish putting it all back together here shortly and see how it goes.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Ive used 4wd on dry ground, never had an issue gettin it back out.Other then when my shift motor took a dump lmao

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts