Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

One Item Left On The Bronk To Fix!!!

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
So ive now fixed all gauges, the oil pressure gauge needed a new signal wire ran.

The last item on the list is the AC, I have a clog as I charge it up, and it runs for a min then shuts off, if I jump the low pressure switch, the compressor will start to release pressure and sound like a machine gun lmao. So I undid the condenser lines today and hooked up the shops AC flush device, the crap that came out of that condenser was nasty, I figure the rest of the AC system is just as bad. I wasnt able to get the lines undone at the evap core at home so I will have to at undo em at work. I might put a reciever drier/accumulator on it. Ill see what happens.

Last edited:

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I flushed the Evap core today it was plugged. Recharged the AC and it still doesnt work. The guages show the low pressure drops and the high doesnt move. Still has to be a clog or the compressor is bad. I blew through the dryer with air to make sure it wasnt clogged, as the flush machine cant be used on that. What to ck?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Orifice tube, or expansion valve (not sure which one it has). Not up to date on those older trucks.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Orifice tube is good, I blew it out when I was flushing the evap core and it isnt clogged. There seems to be some part in the liquid line where it bolts to the condenser and I can only blow through it 1 way, the other way which the freon moves I cant. I have to see if I have to buy a line or something

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I took apart the line from the evap core to the condenser and there was this goofy valve inside it, like it was added at some point, there was springs and o rings, and 1 part moved and 1 part the sleeve moved, ill put pics later, well I took em out, went back to work and charged it up, oh YEA ICE COLD AC now!!!!! No more issues with bronk now.

Ford Truck Articles