Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

heater blower motor with dealer air

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Silly me. I decided to replace the blower motor while replacing the heater core, so I purchased one from JBG. Bad move. It arrived today and since I have DEALER air as opposed to FACTORY air, and there are no components under the hood on the firewall connected to the AC, I ordered one as "No AC"... Foiled again!!! the wrong motor arrived. Smaller than the one in Burt now. I also have the high output heater, could that be the issue? There was no option to order one for that. So now I'm getting back to work on the heater core tomorrow with the wrong new motor. Guess I'll just use the old one still... No time to wait for a new one now! GGGGGRRRR!!!!!:headbang: this whole project has been SO frustrating, and I still have to do the steering gear box... I had no idea the heater core would be such a pain in the A$%!!

Thanks for letting me vent. :(

Dak

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Last edited:
The High output heater is just the heater core size.

The heater motor is the same for HO and Non-HO heater

Sorry,I forgot to post the heater fan motor part number for
Dealer AC w/o hang on glove box

Unless it was superceded the part number is D4TZ-19805-A

Is your old one a double hamster wheel or single ?

Last edited:

dakonthemountain

Thanks guys. Well, the deed is done!!! The heater core is in and I just gave up on the new motor. (Dennis, it is a single) The old one works great and well, I just couldn't wait any longer! PLUS I finished the steering gearbox. these two things took 2 entire days!!!! I have a few "bad" pictures I'll post when I can be awake enough to do it. ...Just too frustrated, greasy and tired to stop very often to take them. So many "surprises!!!! In any event, 2 broken pitman pullers and a small crack in the glove box plastic surround trim.... they are BOTH DONE!!!

It's time for a martini!!! .............and BED!!

Ganight!
Dak

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
There are TWO different types of dealer A/C, the parts do not interchange...including the blower motors.

1) Deluxe dealer A/C is combined with the heater, has a HUGE dash bezel that sweeps across the entire right side of the dash, covers up the original glove box.

There is a separate glove box bolted to the bottom of the dash.

D4TZ-19805-A .. A/C Blower Motor-Use with Deluxe A/C (Motorcraft MM332) / Obsolete

Applications: 1973/79 F100/350; 1978/79 Bronco / 1 available NOS
----------------------------------------------------------------
2) Economy A/C, separate from the heater. Has two A/C switches mounted into a panel that also contains two registers, mounts to the left of the extant glove box.

D2AZ-19805-A .. A/C Blower Motor-Use w/Economy A/C (Motorcraft MM306) / Obsolete

Applications: 1973/79 F100/350; 1975/79 E100/350; 1978/79 Bronco and 1972/78 and some 1979 Passenger Cars:

Galaxie/LTD/Torino/Montego/LTD II/Mustang/Cougar/Maverick/Comet/Granada/Monarch, 1977/79:Thunderbird, all w/hang on A/C.

20 availabe NOS (1 in CA).

Last edited:

dakonthemountain

Thanks Bill,... I only wish I had this info before I finished. I should have thought ahead further in advance! Anyway, thank goodness my original motor is just fine.. I don't think I will ever try to do that job again, unless I have to replace the core again.. Then of course I probably won't be able to find the NOS blower motor! In any event, thank you for your research.

Best,
Dak

dakonthemountain

Mark, Do you know which dealer air you have? and the part number? Mine is the economy, and if you have the one for that and it's the wrong one, I would buy it from you to add to my stable of parts for Burt for the "someday" eventuality".... Let me know if you can find out based on Bill's post.

Dak

Mark, Do you know which dealer air you have? and the part number? Mine is the economy, and if you have the one for that and it's the wrong one, I would buy it from you to add to my stable of parts for Burt for the "someday" eventuality".... Let me know if you can find out based on Bill's post.

Dak

Looks like I bought a replacement heater fan motor. #D3TF-1527-AA.
I'll just save it for when that one goes out.

So now I need the A/C fan motor.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Thanks Bill,... I only wish I had this info before I finished. I should have thought ahead further in advance! Anyway, thank goodness my original motor is just fine.. I don't think I will ever try to do that job again, unless I have to replace the core again.. Then of course I probably won't be able to find the NOS blower motor! In any event, thank you for your research.
Sorry, was on vacation 7/21-8/7, had no internet access.

Mark: You omitted a number...and that's the ID number, not the part number.

ID number: D3TF-18527-AA = Ford part number: D3TZ-18527-A .. Heater Blower Motor / 1973/79 F100/350 & Bronco.

D3TZ-18527-A was later replaced by E2FZ-18527-A.

If you have Economy A/C, there are 20 blower motors available NOS

D2AZ-19805-A .. Economy A/C Blower Motor / Obsolete / Last MSRP: $97.39 / Dealer net cost: $42.85.

ANTIQUE AUTO SUPPLY in Arlington TX has 1 = 817-275-2381.

WESLEY OBSOLETE PARTS in Liberty KY has 1 = 606-787-5293.

NOS PARTS SOURCE in Olathe KS has 1 = 913-220-5746.

TOM HILLIER FORD in Escalon CA has 1 = 209-838-3535.

WILLEY INC. in Ames IA has 1 = 515-233-1913.

HIGH BUCK! BOB ALLEN FORD in Overland Park KS has 3 = 800-676-0675.

CARPENTER NOS OBSOLETE PARTS in Concord NC has 5 = 800-476-9653.

GREEN SALES CO. in Cincinnati OH has 7 = 800-543-4959.

The two dealers in CA & IA should be cheaper than the obsolete parts vendors, much cheaper than the Bob "snake" Allen.

Last edited:
Your right Bill, I did leave out the #8.
I'm going to have to get under the dash to see if the A/C motor has a number on it.

EDIT
Went out and compared the NOS motor to the existing dealer a/c motor. They look identical.

Last edited:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Your right Bill, I did leave out the #8.
I'm going to have to get under the dash to see if the A/C motor has a number on it.
Not necessary.

EDIT: Went out and compared the NOS motor to the existing dealer a/c motor. They look identical.
Look at the descriptions I typed inre to the two dealer A/C's. There's no need to look under the dash, because the two A/C's are as different as night and day, and...

The blower motor used with either Economy A/C or Deluxe A/C is not the same as the heater blower motor.

If they were, the part numbers would be the same. They ain't.

I listed the sources for all 20 of the available NOS Economy A/C blower motors in post #10.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles