Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Custom tailights on my dent's tailgate.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I know there was a few fellas on here that wanted to see my tailights in the tailgate lit up....don't remember who, but was out last night at a clients after dark and as I pulled into my house, I thought, hey, here's a good opportunity to shoot some pics.

I used my BB for the pics, but the pics don't do it justice........best I could do:

No flash on the first two:

IMG00291-20110811-2034.jpg

IMG00292-20110811-2034.jpg

Used a flash:

IMG00290-20110811-2033.jpg

During the day:

IMGP5339smallcropped.jpg

IMGP5135smaller1.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ok...I'm not much for custom mods, but that looks pretty damn sweet.

Thanks......it is 10 times better in person....pics could not capture this cool feature...it acts as a third tailight, meaning, they come on when the lights come on and then brighten up with the brakes when the brakes are pushed....very cool.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
That looks cool.

very nice..

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
That looks nice, Ken. I am assuming the wires run in through the bottom of the tailgate? That license plate light looks unusually bright, also.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
That looks nice, Ken. I am assuming the wires run in through the bottom of the tailgate? That license plate light looks unusually bright, also.

I'll try to post a picture later, there is a diamond plate covered box on the inside of the tailgate that houses the wiring and additional lights.

Not sure why the license plate light is light...could just be a camera thing that's causing the lights to look brighter.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I have a spare tailgate that I think that would look awesome for a man cave lamp...coupled with my camshaft lamp...now all I need is a mancave.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
I have a spare tailgate that I think that would look awesome for a man cave lamp...coupled with my camshaft lamp...now all I need is a mancave.

I have an old tailgate hanging on the wall in my mancave that's all rusted out and has a big cannon ball sized hole in the middle. Not the best piece for wiring a light into, but it's great for the "rustic" look.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^I always planned on using the original panels from Red's wreck to hang a silhouette of a dentside on the wall. I've already used tarnished/hazy OEM trim pieces as wall art...but the mother figure dislikes it (drawback of living at home. So here again...I need my own man cave.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
When my wife and I were looking at houses I told her, "I want one room. You can have the rest of the house." I suggest you do this in the future.
It's easy to stake a claim to one room when you forfeit everything else. And, let's be honest, what else does a guy need?

In the house we found, I got the finished basement. I can hang all the animal mounts and truck parts i want. Have a workshop, gun safe, crapper, fireplace, and beer fridge. I really don't have to ever go upstairs if I don't want to.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
When my wife and I were looking at houses I told her, "I want one room. You can have the rest of the house." I suggest you do this in the future.
It's easy to stake a claim to one room when you forfeit everything else. And, let's be honest, what else does a guy need?

In the house we found, I got the finished basement. I can hang all the animal mounts and truck parts i want. Have a workshop, gun safe, crapper, fireplace, and beer fridge. I really don't have to ever go upstairs if I don't want to.

How can you leave for work?!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

Ha! That's some AWESOME advice! Nice.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

I'm pretty sure there's an inappropriate joke in there about women only needing a kitchen and laundry room.

Ford Truck Articles