Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Speedo bouncing around, so I...........

disconnected the cable from the 4sp granny, and the drive cable will not slide out to be lubed. I would swear back in the old days I did this. I felt around under the dash to try to disconnect it from there, and it has some type of plastic connector.

I don't bend as well as I used to, so I am wondereing what I'll need to get the cable out of the tube so I can lube it up. I only want to crawl up under the dash once! Thanks. F O T!!

disconnected the cable from the 4sp granny, and the drive cable will not slide out to be lubed. I would swear back in the old days I did this. I felt around under the dash to try to disconnect it from there, and it has some type of plastic connector.

I don't bend as well as I used to, so I am wondereing what I'll need to get the cable out of the tube so I can lube it up. I only want to crawl up under the dash once! Thanks. F O T!!

Would it be easier to just take the instrument cluster panel out?
On my 68,it was easy..:)

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Would it be easier to just take the instrument cluster panel out?
On my 68,it was easy..:)

Agreed. It is much easier to remove from the top. You can squeeze the two tabs to remove the gauge cluster electrical connections, then there is enough slack to pull the cluster out part way. There are two plastic tabs that you squeeze inward, and the speedo cable should pull out.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts