Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Lookin For Parts

I am looking for parts for my 75 f250 i recently got, i have a friend that welds so theres part of it taken care of but i need some body panels, a tailgate, a carb, and front windshield. It has the 460 and is the dual tank bed. I am looking for both bedsides, and a driver fender, i will be ordering cab mounts, cab corners and floors for it off ebay. The thing im most needing though is a carb, the guy i bought it from is looking for the carb for me but he said he took it apart which im a little unsure about. I am trying to get it road worthy this year at a walmart budget....:headbang: Any help in the right direction is appreciated

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
QuickFuel 750cfm slayer series $300...best new carb you'll find under $500. Buy it directly from QFT...they'll even tune it to your specs.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
After owning a quickfuel and battling it. I will never purchase another product from them again.

Hands down worst carb i ever owned.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
For reals??? It's a Holley 4150 on steroids. But then again, I'm a firm believer in, if you can operate a screw driver, you can make any carb work, if you know what you're doing. I'm currently swapping over to an all QFT line up after running Holleys for the last decade.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
On the "walmart"budget, start browsing your local craigslist and junkyards if you haven't already. Even put in an ad of what you looking for. Bedsides are gonna be tough to find from private buyers and if you do find them, prepare to pay a pretty penny. Start comparing prices at various parts stores... Jeff's Bronco Graveyard, National Parts Depot, Autokrafters, Dennis Carpenter, LMC, etc...

For the carb, you could always go with something like a Summit racing carb. They versions similar to the. Holley setup, but at a cheaper price. I have Edelbrocks on both my trucks and they run fairly well out of the box, but if I had to do over, I would get Holley or QuickFuel.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
The carburetor that I would recommend would a single feed Holley four barrel with an Edelbrock intake manifold. That's what I have on my 78 F-150 Ranger Lariat Trailer Special, which has the 400 engine in it, that setup was on my truck when I bought it almost two years ago. As far as bedsides go, you can get them through LMC Truck, as for your fenders and doors, junkyards are another prime source for parts, I don't go the Wal Mart approach, instead I use the Johnny Cash approach, similar to how he got his Cadillac, one piece at a time, as his song One Piece at Time states, and that way you're being budget, bank account, and credit card friendly as well. LMC also offers patch panels for your bedsides if they're not all beat up, and you can just fix the rotted out parts with those, also check with your local BOCES auto body school to see if they can help you, with them all you have to pay for is parts and materials, they do that so the students can work on actual vehicles. Hopefully you find this helpful to you.smilieFordlogosmilieFordlogosmilieFordlogo

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
For reals??? It's a Holley 4150 on steroids. But then again, I'm a firm believer in, if you can operate a screw driver, you can make any carb work, if you know what you're doing. I'm currently swapping over to an all QFT line up after running Holleys for the last decade.

First big mistake they made is selling me a carb that wouldn't close. The linkages were wrong and if the primaries were closed thesecondaries would crack open and visa versa.

That was just the first of many problems it gave me.

Horrible piece of crap.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
First big mistake they made is selling me a carb that wouldn't close. The linkages were wrong and if the primaries were closed thesecondaries would crack open and visa versa.

That was just the first of many problems it gave me.

Horrible piece of crap.

Did they offer to replace or fix the carb? Sorry you had the problem with your carb from QFT. They are a very reputable company and I have had great luck with them. But like any company, there is always a defective part and/or bad experiences. Just like one of my Edelbrocks. Brand new and after a week, a float was bad.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^My thoughts too. But that is an interesting problem.

Cab mounts are from LMC floors were cheaper on ebay. So what carbs will bolt right on the the factory manifold? or do i need to get an aftermarket manifold for a decent carb? this is my first experience with a carb'd vehicle pointers will be needed I have never even rebuilt a mower carb. Also best place to get a windshield. The goal is to get it road legal and safe before body work. And if you didnt see my intro post this is the truck.
11082662_1045456702150925_4721992638363620436_n_zpscqac3gys.jpg

I run edelbrocks, they do (carb)

ok for my purposes, I'd get an aluminum intake for sure, edelbrock as well.
I hate power valves on carbs.

Edelbrock sells directly from their own website, blems and factory rebuilds etc.. I got a great deal on a 351c 4bbl intake from them.

side note. I also build model cars and took the time to replicate my great grandfathers truck which is now my grandpa's the silver 2000 is my old truck that i flipped last year
truucks_zpsqmucerqb.jpg

d_zps9ea3495e.jpg

1148854_777066512323394_376604053_n_zpsq7jvw2x5.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
I'm running a Holley four barrel carburetor on an Edelbrock aluminum intake manifold on my 78 F-150 Ranger Lariat with the 400 engine, and I'm having really good liuck with it. So the carb and the intake can be different brands and work well together, and they don't have to be the same brands. smilieFordlogosmilieFordlogosmilieFordlogo

Twas a wild ride got a big old scar under my left eyebrow from either the windshield caving in, me hitting the steering wheel, or the oh crap handle... Darn icy back roads and friends to egg me on... It was supposed to be one last relaxing drive before we had to go home also it just happened to be the same night the truck got a brand new rear bumper.... My 97 and 75 will never see that road.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
I am looking for parts for my 75 F250 I recently got. I have a friend that welds, so there's part of it taken care of, but I need some body panels, a tailgate, a carb, and front windshield.

It has the 460 and is the dual tank Styleside bed.

I am looking for both bedsides, and a driver fender. I will be ordering cab mounts, cab corners and floors for it off ebay. direction is appreciated
Hood, front fenders, tailgate same: 1973/79 F100/350. Hood & fenders also same as 1978/79 Bronco.

1973/76 F100/350 Styleside quarter panels (bedsides) have exposed fuel caps.

1977/79 F100/350 Styleside quarter panels (bedsides) have fuel doors.

Clear/Tinted/Sun Band windshields are the same: 1967/79 F100/750 & 1978/79 Bronco. But the windshield weather strips used on 1967/72's are different than 1973/76.

1973/76: TWO different weather strips: One is used with stainless steel windshield reveal mouldings (Ranger/Ranger XLT), as it has a groove in it. T'other (Custom's) does not have a groove in it.

Last edited:
as with any good ole truck the 97 finally gave up and got traded in on an 06 F150. Have not had time to touch my 75 since my last post but my buddy just bought a 96 chevy 2500 project with the 454 (sad thing is my 75 has less rust) so i told him its time to get both big blocks running. He does have the key to the storage barn to where i keep the 75 so we will see if he will pull the 75 out so i can work on it.
11412278_1087192221310706_3981430900760011355_n.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts