Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Carb problem

I rebuilt the carb on my '76 ford f100 302. It's a motocraft, 2 barrel. Now it spews gas from the two tall cylinders on the bowl cover (right in front of the butterfly, above the float). Any suggestions? :headbang:

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
I rebuilt the carb on my '76 ford f100 302. It's a motocraft, 2 barrel. Now it spews gas from the two tall cylinders on the bowl cover (right in front of the butterfly, above the float). Any suggestions? :headbang:

did you make sure you have the float hooked in right? if not it'll do exactly what your saying... i did that mistake, forgot to hook the float in completely and was spewing gas everywhere..

did you make sure you have the float hooked in right? if not it'll do exactly what your saying... i did that mistake, forgot to hook the float in completely and was spewing gas everywhere..

Thank you Flareside,

As far as I know, it's hooked in right. The little bar sits down in the channels and the retainer clip snaps right in. The "tang" sits closer to one side of the bar it goes on, do you think flipping that bar around would help? The truck will start so I know the carb is good, but just spews gas. I'm really at a loss here.

Fellro

Staff member
Also, if you don't set the height properly, it will do it. A piece of dirt trapped at the set can cause the same issue. That is the nice thing about Holley carbs, you can get at the needle without having to tear the carb down.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts