Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1974 style side

Hope I can post a want to buy here. I have a '74 style side that I need the lower door molding for the driver's side door only. All the other pieces are in good condition and this truck is clean and straight enough that it's going to keep its patina that it's developed over the last 42 years. I see the new "re-pops" out there but I don't want a shiny new one, I need one that has some time on it. Thanks for looking.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I have guys in my groups always wanting to sell used trim, but folks that want trim rarely want old oxidized trim. I'll see if anyone still has some kicking around. Is it the lower racetrack trim or the rocker trim???

I am not familiar with the terms you are using. There is a set of pieces down each side between the marker lights middle of the truck side, and a set between the front wheel well trim and the rear bumper thats down low, over the area I believe is called the rocker. The lower piece is wider and has two black lines running down it. I am needing the lower piece, it is on the lowest part of the door. I'm needing the piece on the driver's door only.

I tried to post a picture, not sure if it's to large or maybe I've not been registered long enough.

Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
Not my truck, but that trim across the bottom is what I'm looking for, just the piece on the door.

Attachments

• 405750-13.jpg
I guess that would be called the lower "racetrack" trim, the rocker of the cab is behind the door when closed correct?? As bass akwards as it might seem, I really like the way this thing has aged, looking for a piece that could use a good scrubbing to blend in with the rest, need one that is straight, a rock chip is OK but as original shape as possible. Ive got one that got smeared by the previous owners daughter on a golf cart, the door stood up to it, the trim didnt. Thanks again

Last edited:

Fellro

Staff member
Racetrack trim refers to the ones between the marker lights, The one you are looking for is the rocker panel trim. Rocker panels are the part of the cab that is under the door.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
I have guys in my groups always wanting to sell used trim, but folks that want trim rarely want old oxidized trim. I'll see if anyone still has some kicking around.

Is it the lower racetrack trim or the rocker trim???
OP has a 1974, Race Track mouldings introduced in 1977.

Standard equipment on 1977/79 XLT's and 1978/79 Lariat's.

Lower door moulding shown as 20878 in pic, but the left side is different: D4TZ-1020879-A / Reproduced ~ 1 available NOS

1973/79 F100/350 except 1977/79's with Race Track mouldings. Rocker mouldings and wheel opening mouldings were not factory installed with Race Track mouldings.

Click on the pic twice to enlarge it, click on it thrice, it fills your screen!

Attachments

• 20161018150633.jpg
Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
OP has a 1974, Race Track mouldings introduced in 1977.

Standard equipment on 1977/79 XLT's and 1978/79 Lariat's.

Yeah...but after 40 years, i generally try not to make assumptions on what a truck has going on with it.

Thats it, thanks for the part number. I had seen the piece in several different places. Was just thinking a good used one would blend in as the truck is going to keep its character. Thanks again, just about have myself talked into a new piece.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Had some pop up in a group I admin if you still need it...

IMG_9735.PNG

The piece second from the bottom appears to be what I'm looking for. Not so much interested in all of it. Interwebs savy I'm not. How best to contact the seller?

Edit: I figured it out, requested to join the group.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The piece second from the bottom appears to be what I'm looking for. Not so much interested in all of it. Interwebs savy I'm not. How best to contact the seller?

Edit: I figured it out, requested to join the group.

Name??? That group is my biggest...actually the biggest 73-79 specific group out there...it gets a couple hundred join requests a day. Needless to say, even with 11 other moderators, we're still a couple thousand requests behind.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts