Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Fuel delivery issue

i recently fired up my truck for the first time i put a new fuel pump on new fuel tank new fuel delivery unit i put 5 gallons of gas in the tank but fuel isnt coming up from the tank what could this be??? i put a line into a 5 gallon tank to fire it up so i know its not the fuel pum its also not the fuel lines!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Are you getting fuel to the pump? Did you prime the fuel system? Usually, I just suck fuel to the pump via the inlet line. Alot of guys say just keep cranking, but I've never had luck doing that.

Are you getting fuel to the pump? Did you prime the fuel system? Usually, I just suck fuel to the pump via the inlet line. Alot of guys say just keep cranking, but I've never had luck doing that.

Next time you want to do that Ben take the gas cap off and wrap a rag around your air duster and put a slight pressure into your fuel tank with the line pulled off the fuel pump ..... it'll bleed through pretty quick and much more pleasant than getting a mouthful of gas like i've done a few times.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That'll do it too. After the engine rebuild in the Bronco...I had the same thing happen, was driving around, and dead. Pissed me off, cuz it had only been about 4 miles. Towed it home, had egg on my face when my dad said 'hey dipchit, this might be your problem'. Unkinked and fired right up.

Yup similar scenario i was just pissed that i wasnt getting fuel to the carb then a co worker looked at it said found your problem and sure enough that was it!!!! you just wanna say DUH!!

Ford Truck Articles