Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

LMC Billet Grill Insert Questions and Requests

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I guess you'll never know til you try. I have a 73 F100 with some aftermarket imported front fenders and they actually fit pretty well. Thinner metal, but a decent fit. So, you may end up getting a good shell, who knows. That's just one of those things you get when buying the aftermarket parts.

you could always make your own custom grill. I would think some 1/4" round stock for the horizontal pieces would be a good start. If you wanted something flatter like what Tex has then use 1/2" or 3/4" flat stock, or just play around with various sizes.

At one time I had several old camshafts laying around and was thinking about making a grill out of them. Never did it, but I had the thought. :)

you could always make your own custom grill. I would think some 1/4" round stock for the horizontal pieces would be a good start. If you wanted something flatter like what Tex has then use 1/2" or 3/4" flat stock, or just play around with various sizes.

At one time I had several old camshafts laying around and was thinking about making a grill out of them. Never did it, but I had the thought. :)

I actually had originally planned on doing a whole custome front on the truck but decided against it because I didn't want to lose the look of the truck that I loved. I will be looking for another front end of a truck to play around with. Something to modify and if I don't like it then I can just toss it or sell it to someone with poor taste. I just don't want to ruin the front my my truck and postpone the completetion of it.

I think I will try it, and I'll be very picky and document my dealing with them and the products I recieve really well, because I've searched a lot and can't find anything about their grille shells or inserts so if they suck I'll make sure people know they suck so no one else gets burnt, and if they are great then I'll also sing their praises so if someone is looking into getting a new grill but can't afford the NOS or DC reproduction then this could be an affordable option. I should show LMC this thread before I even deal with them to let them know if I get bad service or product then the world will know. . . . I love the internet.

-TAG

6 month wait at least from DC

haven't asked LMC yet

LMC does have a good return policy, if you don't like it send it back,.They pay shipping.
I sent a bunch of stuff back

this is good to know.

So far LMC customer service has been great they even sent me pictures of the two styles of grilles which I will post later on. I just sent an email requesting more information regarding their grille shells and I'll post their response when I recieve it. I'm still treading carefully since customer service before vs. customer service after a purchase can be too different things. Before they are trying to get your money and business, after they already have both and only have your returning service to worry about it. I'll keep this thread very updated as I go.

This is a picture of the grille I got from LMC comparing the two types of grilles. As stated by many members on here it doesn't look like the best qaulity of stuff, but if I get a descent warranty with it then I'll be most likely going with the 4mm just to get me mobile and if it falls apart or it's finish goes to crap then I'll get my money back from LMC and put it to other parts, and then go about fabing my own. This is the style I want and I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but it is mine, so while comments and criticism are welcome you'll not change my mind away from this style. It looks like a rather easy grille to build (construction wise) and if I do build one it will be out of stainless, I would have this grille as a template as the bars are not straight so it would take a lot of time to build one from scratch I think. They are a little slow to get back to emails roughly 4 days or so which is about the same as DC but it states right on the emails for imediate service please call, so that is their obvious method of contact. I prefer to have things in writing so I can refer to them later.

I'll keep posting as I go.

Cheers

-TAG

Attachments

• grille comparrison.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts