Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post a pic of your dent

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I did know that. I also know that he worked directly with Ford to duplicate stamps,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but not all stamps and the stamps weren't exactly as the original Ford stamps, for example the original grill trim had three small, but distinctive dents in it and the new stamped ones from Dennis and China are perfectly straight....blows the other Ford owners away when we inspect our grill trims at shows and events. This was verified by Ford a while back. smilieFordlogo

Edlebrock Performer Series 600 CFM, Performer 400 Edelbrock Manifold,
Brand New:
Sil-O-Lite Pistons
Federal Mogul Clevite 77 Bearings
Manley SBI Valves
Pioneer Elgin Springs
Elgin Rocker Arms and Push Rods
Melling Elgin Camshaft
Melling 3 Piece Dynagear Timing Gear
Melling Dynagear Oil Pump
Radius Ground & Magnafluxed Crankshaft
Heavy Duty Rod Bolts
OEM Moly Rings
OEM Lifters

Crankshaft was all radius ground & magnifluxed, 3 angle cut valve seats,valve seats concentricity tested, etc, etc, etc,.

That is making 500hp?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Something in there is. I didn't make up that number, the dyno did.

Wasn't doubting you, just surprised..engine dyno I assume? What kind of heads?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Wasn't doubting you, just surprised..engine dyno I assume? What kind of heads?

I'll pull the paperwork when I get in my office Monday morning. Yes, the engine dyno.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Cool...thanks!

Edlebrock Performer RPM 351C.

Here's the link: http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/cylheads/ford/cle_perf_rpm.shtml

I was also talking to the previous owner, her builder, and he told me they modeled the engine build from this article from Hotrod magazine. Pretty cool article, although a lot of auto talk in there is way out of my paygrade. Not as much money in this engine as some have suggested for the performance.

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/engine/hrdp_0702_ford_400m_engine_build/index.html

What do you think it would take, dollar wise, to get this engine to a 500 HP spec and I'll tell you what amount went into it.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
So it does have aluminium heads?..I have read that article and went a different route that a hodge podge of different parts. (not saying it is bad, just did not appeal to me). As far as the dollar amount, seems to be listed on the back page.

Last edited:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Newest picture of my truck:

IMG_4530.jpg

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Thanks Ben. It's got it's issues and scratches from being a DD, but I try to keep it looking as good as I can without painting it. Funds just won't allow for that. Plus if I ever get it painted scratches will make me go nuts lol.

Manimal

California Chapter member
here's my '77 Ranger XLT F250. 460,quadrajet,C6,Dana 61 w/3.07 gears=14.2mpgsmilieFordlogo

Attachments

• 69 F250 031.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm new to this site, so I'm just gonna jump right on in....
2011FFF.jpg

Good looking truck...since you're admittedly new, I'll bypass the harassment for the lack of detailssmilieFordlogo

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts