Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post a pic of your dent

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Whoa!
I was thinking about about 10-15K, your going to have a awesome truck Buck!

That's an understatement Tex...his truck will be beyond awesome. And if you stop and think about it Tex...10k will barely get you a good paint job...so 25k ain't that hard to pile up in bills...especially if you start from the frame up.

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
That's an understatement Tex...his truck will be beyond awesome. And if you stop and think about it Tex...10k will barely get you a good paint job...so 25k ain't that hard to pile up in bills...especially if you start from the frame up.

I've got close to 13k in mine already and thats' with the original engine at 95k miles and original transmission, and not even painted yet! When all is said and done I will have an EASY 25k into burt. but it is taking me a LOT longer than Buck! But after the paint (hopefully this year!) I will be closer to a "finished" truck (whatever that means! ) smiliegitrdone
Dak

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I hear ya Dak...so you're thinking another 12k in paint and engine work...that'll be first class work right there. As for 'finished'...I think it's possible, just depends on how long you can remain content. As for me...the next free 20k I get...it's going straight to Red...rebuild the axles, brakes, GV OD kit, tranny, tcase, paint, redo the interior, and make the frame look nicer (cut that corner the first time around), serious engine rebuild and finally put the chrome back on (3 sets are collecting dust right now, gonna go with the set I had chromed). Then I think Red will be finished.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I always thought you werent runnin trim to make it look cleaner.

Naw...I didn't do the trim at the time of the restore because what I had was old and cloudy, and I didn't want that to take away from the truck, so I went with the pinstripes where the trim is supposed to go. I could have bought a new set, but that is when DC had just come out with the full race track set and it was $2300 a side, and I couldn't afford another $5k in trim alone. I have since bought a set from DC when it dropped to $2600 total. Since then, I pieced together a good set, and had it stripped and chromed, and I'll put that on. I also have a full set that I stripped using oven cleaner, and cleared it...and it would be good for a driver. But I figure the trim will go back on after the next round of paint, but that'll be a couple years.

Side note...I was excited to see JBG now has the full race track trim at $550 a side (for a Bronco anyway, a little more for trucks)...so for $1100 the Bronco could have it now.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

ameritaz3038

New York Chapter Leader
Nice truck for $300. a little paint and she will look great.

BTW welcome to the site, post up often

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Weekend setup before we got the 2005.......and yeah, I did buy a shorter drop hitch.

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

1973 F-100 4x4

'77 F-250 Custom 4x4
This is my current DD until I get another engine for my '77 4x4.
It is a '74 F-250 Custom 2wd. It has a rebuilt 360 with the stock 2 bbl, NP435 4spd manual, and one heck of a push bumper!
It also came with the headache rack.
Paid $450. for it back in January.
This is after half of the snow melted off today!
TruckPictures003.jpg

Cleaning the snow off.
TruckPictures005.jpg

TruckPictures006.jpg

TruckPictures007.jpg

TruckPictures004.jpg

The snow that is by my passenger side door in the last pic doesn't look like much, but it is knee deep.

Attachments

• Truck Pictures 003.jpg
Last edited:

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member
awsome truck. that is one helluva bumper!!
p.s. i want your mirrors!!!!

NOCO77

Somethin' Like That
This is after half of the snow melted off today!
...The snow that is by my passenger side door in the last pic doesn't look like much, but it is knee deep.

Wow, that last storm really hammered you guys - we only got about 12-14 inches and its already gone, except for some small plow piles!

IMG00263.jpg

Speculations:
390V8

I see your chrome is looking like hell. ;)
Mine wasn't quite that bad but it was a -long time- ago I removed mine...
http://www.panix.com/~alvinj/file12/gearshift1.jpg

This is what it'll get to looking like given more time (and cleanings)...
http://www.panix.com/~alvinj/file12/F100Philco.jpg

BTW...
M = -->4 barrel<-- 390 Ok? ;) (real Motor)
...which I find important. ;) LOL :)
H = 2 barrel 390FE (two uprights)
Y = 2 barrel 360FE ...all were 2 barrel I've heard (Yawn)
B = 300 I-6 (tough little Bastard)

Me?
I couldn't care less about any of the others.
YMMV? ;)

Hmmm... No.
I take that back.
I'd like to know what the 352's letters were.

Alvin in AZ
ps- Anybody interested in a radio? ;)
pps- I can't stand them myself, I'd like to shoot the $%^ out of it. :)
ppps- What needs to be done to make a picture not pop up like that?

{edit: just wanted to add...}
A= NP 435/4 speed (first in line)
C= 3 speed Ford (Column shift)
F= T18 (Friggin tough)
E= T19 (a little more than a simple F)
G= automatic (Gross and disgusting! ;)

Last edited:

1973 F-100 4x4

'77 F-250 Custom 4x4
awsome truck. that is one helluva bumper!!
p.s. i want your mirrors!!!!

You mean "mirror"?
If you look closely in the last pic, you'll notice that there is no glass left in the passenger side mirror.
It has no rear view mirror either.
It was like that when I bought it.
Only has the driver's side, and the lower mount on it is cracked (plastic framed crap).
I'll be replacing the broken mirror in the next few days, and fixing the cracked plastic one also.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts