Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Braking Problem

So I had my truck in the shop to have ball joints put on to complete the entire front end being done due to excessive steering and bumpy ride on normal roads. When I got the truck back it now has a brake issue. When applying the brake when it gets down to about 5 MPH it feels like the brake pedal pushes back at me and pulls hard right and then the pedal falls back to where it was. I was told the booster, replaced it and not the problem. Now I am being told that the left wheel speed sensor is damaged giving the wrong signal to the computer which is then applying two different pressures to the brakes. Doesn't make sense to me so I am wondering if anyone else may know of an idea? Caliper hanging up? Brake line frayed on the inside? Master cylinder?

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
speed sensor was damaged when they repaired the ball joints
It should be throwing a code, ABS light should be on

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
I would also check the brake lines for bulging when the pedal is applied. Also, verify that the ABS light itself is functional (they usually light up initially at KOEO).

Ford Truck Articles