Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hows this for rust ?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/ford/f100/auction-473806889.htm

Rust.jpg

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Wow. Right hand drive!
If it were around here, I'd buy it just for the RHD parts!

It is a real fixer upper tho. Maybe a 5 gal can of bondo, and it'll be good as new!

That buff out! It not a 78 tho?

Looking at the grille i'd say it was an '82 Andy - we got a few of these sent over from aussie for the larger govt departments to use ...... never sen one this badly rusted before though.
I was thinking about it for the rhd conversion kit Charlie just in case a mint F250 diesel ever came up.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
I think it's an 81. 80 grill was black, no emblem, 81 was black, but 1st year for the emblem in the grill. 80 was also the last year for ford to be spelled on the hood like 78 &79. 82 had a silver grill for the first time.

The interior looks pretty sound, Your going to need it for the conversion. I would probably buy that if it were close, you can always use a better cab on it.

RHD on a truck would be killer cool!

Looking at the grille i'd say it was an '82 Andy - we got a few of these sent over from aussie for the larger govt departments to use ...... never sen one this badly rusted before though.
I was thinking about it for the rhd conversion kit Charlie just in case a mint F250 diesel ever came up.

yeah you only need the dash and firewall and the steering box. If the rest of the truck is that rusted the firewall would most definatly be rooted.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
I blew up the picture in the add. It looks like the firewall is in pretty good shape.

Is there a difference in tie rods? How about the spindle? I'm really intreaged with this RHD thing.

I blew up the picture in the add. It looks like the firewall is in pretty good shape.

Is there a difference in tie rods? How about the spindle? I'm really intreaged with this RHD thing.

Hi Charlie - here is a link http://www.shade.co.nz/ to a typicl rhd conversion company here in NZ - some time ago i looked at bringing in motorhomes from the states and converting them to rhd but the freight cost is the big killer.

If you had a chevy P30 chassis under the motorhome then the steering system was really easy to do .... steering box was swapped from the inside of the frame rail on the lh side to the outside of theframe rail on the rh side and the draglink was just flipped to the other side ...... just some simple brackets to make then you needed to "mirror image" the dash which could be really simple if you made sure you got the right motorhome.
I had chased up a couple of motorhomes that had been already converted just to see how it had been done and was really surprised at how simple the engineering was on the P30 chassis.

Ford Truck Articles