Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

May trade the neon for this.....

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
By the front grille, that's a '98....but most of the rest of it does look '97 (seat and wheels, anyhow). It's been too long since I actually paid careful attention to the year-by-year detail differences.

Look close and see if it was wrecked and a different front end grafted on.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
That would be a good trade the rangers are good solid little trucks.
Check the frame towards the rear wheels that's were they have a tendency to rust out at.

Last edited:

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Yeah I had a 94 xcab 5speed 4.0 I LOVED.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
By the front grille, that's a '98....but most of the rest of it does look '97 (seat and wheels, anyhow). It's been too long since I actually paid careful attention to the year-by-year detail differences.

Look close and see if it was wrecked and a different front end grafted on.

The bumper is a 93-97. Looks like a 98-00 grille, headlights, and turn signals were either grafted on, or bolted on. If you look closely at the front of the fender, you can see where it looks like they cut the front portion of the fender off to facilitate the turn signal lamps. The 93-97 truck didn't have the lower turn signal lamps, so the fender went under the turn signal and met the lower rock guard. The rock guard was deleted in 98. The hood looks a little strange too. Looks like the truck has been wrecked before. But the owner could have possibly done a grille swap just out of personal preference, a lot of people aren't fans of the 93-97 grille style. But the truck is definitely a 95-97 judging by the seats.

Keep in mind Doc that this truck will have the TTB, which means a little less room for the Ball Joint press tool than your F150 has. It makes for a little more fun, and that's with quite a bit of sarcasm.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles