Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2005 F350 V10 - Problems P0191, P0452

My first post. Sorry it's a call for help!

2005 F350 V10 Auto Long Box 75k miles

Was idling waiting for the gf and it started to stumble and run really rich (I could smell it). Weather was about 5F. Made it home. Since it has warmed up it seems to be better so I'm not sure if its temp related?

Scanned the codes:
P0191 Fuel Pressure Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance
P0452 Evap Emssision System Pressure Sensor/Switch Low
P2196 O2 Sensor Signal Biased/Stuck Rich Bank 1 Sensor 1
P2198 Sensor Signal Biased/Stuck Rich Bank 2 Sensor 1

Owned the truck for 2 weeks. Put 300 miles on it. Ran awesome until this. Don't know much history. Previous owned claimed to have had the fuel pump replaced a year ago. I peaked at the evap can and it looks newer as well.

My scanner shows the tank pressure sensor at -18inh2o consistently (gas cap on or off). I'm assuming I need to check the wiring. It sound like I need to drop the tank or lift the box to access this. This will have to wait till the weekend.

Fuel pressure at idle is 38-40psi on the scanner. I don't have mechanical gauge to check with.

I'm not sure how to proceed for each code.

I'm driving my ranger until I figure this out.

Thanks!

blacksnapon

Staff member
the first code can cause all of them, start there

P0191 - Fuel Rail Pressure (FRP) Sensor Circuit Performance

Description: The comprehensive component monitor (CCM) checks the FRP for acceptable fuel pressure. The test fails when the fuel pressure falls below or exceeds a minimum/maximum calibrated value for a calibrated period of time.
Possible Causes: High fuel pressure
Low fuel pressure
Damaged FRP sensor
Excessive resistance in the circuit
Vacuum leaks
Low or no fuel JUST SO YOU'LL KNOW, I'VE BEEN REPLACING A LOT OF FRPs LATELY.

Looks like the PO already has issues with it.....:(

I'll most likely redo this with solder.

What are these for?

This is at idle after a small drive to make sure it's warmed up:

O2 B1S1 was all over the place 0.1 to 0.7
O2 B1S2 was steady at the 0.7-.8

Down stream O2's followed the same pattern

The exhaust smells rich.

Put a fresh fuel filter on and cleared the codes. I was just able to reach up and get to the tank pressure sensor. I made sure the connector was good but the reading looks ok I think.

Not sure where to go from here. Do I redo the wiring with solder and just replace the FRP? The readings seem good at 38-40psi. Are Napa ones ok? The dealer here in Canada wants $190 for it.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts