Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2004 F-350 Suggestions/Help

Need some help...

What people running for an upgraded exhaust. I hear good things about MBRP with a high-flow cat.

Does anyone know for sure the location and size of the speakers that are in the truck.

What kind of lifts are people running? Looking for a good 6" lift kit. I am already sitting at about a 4" lift but want to go a little higher. I have family and kids so I don't want to go too high. I would figure lifting it by doing the springs instead of lift blocks is the correct way to go. Would like to find a full kit with shocks, hose extensions/relocator, and probably a drop track bar mount. Anything else I am forgetting?

Thank In Advance.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'm not sure on the speakers and lift, but when I was looking at an exhaust and intake for my 2005, that brand came up a few times and was recommended.

I chose to leave it and the intake stock though as the H&S programmer I am using is either on the tow or mild setting and from what I read the factory intake/exhaust will support quite a bit of power the way it is.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
So you just pulled some extra power out by adding a tuner? What kind of tunes do you have on it or are those the only two?

A decent amount, my Ford dealer here sold it to me after they did an EGR delete and headbolts...which was a side job as they had to pull the engine to replace the bedplate gasket.

It was an H&S XRT Pro...I think the highest setting was +120HP...think the one I run is +40hp and +100ish torque.

I haven't changed the fuel pressure spring so I'm a little leery of going any higher than I am at the moment.

The truck picked up about 2.5mpg (imp) and is way happier...easily roasts tires without loading on the brake.

One of the other guys here (SuperCab) has been in it with the truck loaded to around 10k# and a trailer around 3k#...he was impressed.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Good to know. I might have to look into that. The fuel spring you're talking about; is that upgrading it to the blue one?

Yes...the blue spring. A member here Sparky83 did a good post on it.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
He's pretty good about detailing and posting pics of what he has done...and his truck is also a 2004.

Ford Truck Articles