Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Superduties & Other Trucks > Superduty Gen.2

Superduty Gen.2 2008-2010 F250, F350, F450, F550

Old 11-05-2017, 07:20 PM

Blacktruckdave is on a distinguished road
F350 Pulling to the Right

08 F350 is pulling to the right when I step on the brakes. I replaced both front calipers and brackets and also installed new pads. Could I be experiencing faulty lines in the front. I read that over time the inside of the rubber tube can collapse a bit. The rotors looked good. I checked the ball joints too. Thanks for your time.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2017, 10:32 PM

I'm gonna try a pressure test tomm on the line. Have a helper press the brake a few times and then release it and then I will crack the bleeder valve and see if it squirts or drips.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:20 AM
caffeine junkie

Super Moderator

john112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond repute
Seems to me there's an old rule of thumb that if you take your hands off the wheel and step on the brake, a rear brake will pull without turning the steering wheel, and a front brake will cause the steering wheel to turn.

Quick and easy way to confirm you're at the correct end of the truck.

1997 Ranger XLT 4x2, 2.3L 4-cyl 5-speed -- 2009 Ranger XLT 4x4, 4.0L V-6 5-speed -- 1986 BMW R80

The advantages of modern engineering are in many ways over balanced by the disadvantages of modern civilization.
--Col. W.A. Roebling
Old 11-06-2017, 07:38 AM
owned by Fords

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
warped rotors could cause this as well
Old 11-06-2017, 09:01 AM

It definately turns the steering wheel when I step on the brakes. Before I dig deeper into my pockets and just replace the rotors I'd like to test that line. Altho when I release the brake pedal it doesn't pull...only when I get on them. My first thought was the rotors as well. I will also inspect the rears as I haven't done that yet. Thank you for the direction!
Old 11-07-2017, 01:45 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
sounds like ones gripping firmer or quicker than the other.. sometimes this can just be due to collapsed line not allowing enough fluid to back out of the caliper to fully release for the next time the pedals pressed. another reason can be a bad proportioning valve.. with these newer trucks the proportioning is happening in the ABS control block since it goes directly from the master cyl -> abs control block -> to the 4 corners.

another cause can be the glide pins on once side could be sticking.. I know you said you just did the calipers.. but did you replace the caliper w/ the mounting bracket? or just the caliper itself? reason i ask is because some of the aftermarket AP stores like AZ, advance, napa, pepboys are going to selling it as all in 1 instead of just letting you get the caliper by itself.

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

"I never FAIL... I succeed at finding what doesn't work."
-Christopher Titus

Last edited by Sparky83; 11-07-2017 at 01:47 PM.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:05 PM

Hi Sparky83, I bought the caliper with the bracket and I even re did the pins with Ultra disk brake Synthetic caliper lube(green bottle Permatex) I think my suspect is the line and I need to do the line test but it's been raining. Any other ideas on how to test if its the line? I was just gonna have the ole lady pump the brakes a few times and release then crack the bleeder and see if it squirts. Thanks for your time.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:13 AM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
cool cool.. just figured id check with that... wouldnt believe the number of times ive ran across threads where people complained they still had one dragging after only changing the caliper.. they tend to completely forget they kinda float on the glide pins...

the way you described theres the only way i know of to test them.. if after pressing & releasing the brake you crack the valve nothing comes out its a stuck caliper... squirts like an old supersoaker it a line... it dribbles neither really the culprit...

sounds like your doing pretty good with the process of elimination there... i just replaced both flex lines on my truck.. they were $17 each on my 04...

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

"I never FAIL... I succeed at finding what doesn't work."
-Christopher Titus