Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

who wants to see some....

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Definitely want to see!

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
07 Honda Civic.. they been switching back and forth between a few oils.. and all the amsoil oils show great, exactly where in the mileage they should be and TBN.. The crazy thing is.. The OE looks to hold up the best in this specific engine.. The Mobil 1 Extended performance also did well in this car.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
a Toyota Tundra. Which are also not easy on oil. and this guy Tows. This is a customer of mine now. this oil could probably pass 12k miles and possibly longer. and this is 1 year of being in the sump. running 0w20 as well. The copper is a little high. But remember they use universal averages of around 6k miles.. so the longer drain interval Takes the worry away on the wear metals.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
a 150k+ mile Chrysler 300M. Slightly High wear metals. but look at the mileages on the Drain intervals!!

and TBN of 1.0 or lower is too low. Oil Analyzers lab freaks about 2.0, but blackstone always says 1.0.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I still need to send my collected sample out. I'll send it your way when I get it.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Chris thanks for posting these....pretty awesome stuff!

Thanks for posting these Chris ...... you are starting to change my mind regarding oil change intervals although that would certainly hurt my business.
What is one of those oil sample reports worth over there?

The biggest concern i have regarding extended oil change intervals is a history of seeing used Jap Imports (or lazy kiwi car owners) that don't have regular servicing coming though the shop with sludged up engines.

Ford Truck Articles