Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post up a pic of what your truck looks like TODAY!

73FordF100

Georgia Chapter member
Georgia
Ok so I created this thread on FT* a while back, but hey it's a NEW thread on here :D! You don't even have to move anything out of the way just to get a good pic, I just want to see what y'alls trucks look like TODAY! I don't even care if y'alls trucks have looked the same for years. I wanna see some today pics! Here's mine today:
1973FordF-100RangerMine37.jpg

Well ok it's not a pic from today but it's the most recent picture I have of it. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
As of today:
79_Truck_0221.JPG
Since I'm so weird, that picture is my favorite in this thread so far. :)
Pictures of pickups just don't do it for me, "process pictures" do tho. ;)
YMMV ;)

First thing that jumped out at me and I've never mentioned before...
See how the cab rubbers are still in good shape on that Ford? LOL :)

Some buddies back in the 80's and early 90's were into fixing old Chevy
pickups and without fail (even back then) the cab rubbers were completely
shot! Not sure why tho... just bad engineering and/or crummy materials?

First thing they'd do is lift the cab and bed off to make it easier to get at
everything especially get at that soft Chevy cylinder block that would be
worn to beat hell but also, without fail, the cab rubbers were a mess.

Alvin in AZ

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Alvin, that truck has zero, yes..zero rust on it...damn near everything has been in good to great shape...there are a pile of progress pics in the 79 thread!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
First of all...I don't take enough photos to do this every day. Secondly, my gf has my camera. Thirdly, I'm terrible at uploading photos...I still haven't posted some I promised a month ago.

Ken...does that diamond plate just cover the under side of the flares, or does it extend all the way in to the inner wheel well?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
First of all...I don't take enough photos to do this every day. Secondly, my gf has my camera. Thirdly, I'm terrible at uploading photos...I still haven't posted some I promised a month ago.

Ken...does that diamond plate just cover the under side of the flares, or does it extend all the way in to the inner wheel well?

Just the flares. Try this angle on for size.

IMGP5687.JPG

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

I think it would be hard to form underneath there-that stuffs hard to bend, plus the cost for something that's completely covered was unwarranted in my eyes.

Being under the flares protects the flares and the panels from getting all jacked up with rocks and stuff flinging up from those big knobby tires.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I see now. Ya know Ken...I usually despise painted grille inserts, but for some reason yours looks really good and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Even though it didn't exactly sound like a compliment...it was.

Alright...that's enough outta you or I'll tell the home to revoke your prune juice privileges

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I see now. Ya know Ken...I usually despise painted grille inserts, but for some reason yours looks really good and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Even though it didn't exactly sound like a compliment...it was.

Alright...that's enough outta you or I'll tell the home to revoke your prune juice privileges

Hey, I'll take it any where I can get it (the compliment you dirty bastards)!

I feel like infiltrating this thread with my 1979 built F100, but i'm gonna be respectful and not do it.:D

DO IT!!!

smilieeatndrink

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
trucktoday01.jpg

Jacked up because I was checking the diff and trans. oil. Took almost a whole bottle in the diff. I better check it more then once a year LOL. Need to remember to check the air in the tires tomorrow.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Last edited by a moderator:

Ford Truck Articles