Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

First full size Bronco

Hey, I'm new to bronco's but not to Fords, just picked up this beast , saved it from becoming a toaster or some other appliance. It's a 79 bronco , has a 351m or 400 in it, np435 4speed and np205, Dana 60rear full floater and a d44 front 8lug and leaf springs. Hasn't been touched since 1998, frame is good , body not so much, the plan is to make a good plow truck out of it, probably won't see any road duty but I'm picking at it and will most likely have it fixed up enough that I could drive it on the road. I'm just like that I guess. Here it is, so far I've installed the gauges and dash bezel from my 79 f350 parts truck,

Attachments

• IMG_20161129_115739368_HDR.jpg
  • IMG_20161129_122713437_HDR.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Not too shabby...broncos are fun. Never understood all the rage until I bought my 80 in high school...and I've had one in the driveway ever since.

Hey, I'm new to bronco's but not to Fords, just picked up this beast , saved it from becoming a toaster or some other appliance. It's a 79 bronco , has a 351m or 400 in it, np435 4speed and np205, Dana 60rear full floater and a d44 front 8lug and leaf springs. Hasn't been touched since 1998, frame is good , body not so much, the plan is to make a good plow truck out of it, probably won't see any road duty but I'm picking at it and will most likely have it fixed up enough that I could drive it on the road. I'm just like that I guess. Here it is, so far I've installed the gauges and dash bezel from my 79 f350 parts truck,

Nice ,it certainly fits the element!...YelloThumbUp

Nice! Did somebody else put a D60 in the rear?
I believe the front and rear axles were changed as a set. The front axle show no signs of having radius arm mounts. I picked it up this way

The body is rough, real rough and been repaired over repairs, the entire floor is 1/4 checker plate from the firewall to the tailgate. I'll let the rest of the pics speak for themselves.ill go take some more pics

Here is the bottom of the pass inner fender and radsupport, and pass front cab mount, and the checker plate floor

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles