Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Zaino - Good Stuff

Dieter621

Dieter621
NJ
Cardinal rule, never use a household soap or cleaner on your paint. There are a lot of automotive cleaners that are very cheap. I prefer the old standby Turtle Wax cleaner but there are many others out there.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Cardinal rule, never use a household soap or cleaner on your paint. There are a lot of automotive cleaners that are very cheap. I prefer the old standby Turtle Wax cleaner but there are many others out there.

On the contrary good sir (ask me how I know, I do it for a living). :wavey: The purpose of using a dish soap pre-wax is to remove any oils and waxes from the paint, thus allowing a proper new wax adhesion. (think of it as cleaning pores in your skin; you want new wax to fill them)

I will suggest using an auto soap for clay lubricant, but that's my preference more than anything.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
On the contrary good sir (ask me how I know, I do it for a living). :wavey: The purpose of using a dish soap pre-wax is to remove any oils and waxes from the paint, thus allowing a proper new wax adhesion. (think of it as cleaning pores in your skin; you want new wax to fill them)

I will suggest using an auto soap for clay lubricant, but that's my preference more than anything.

Never knew this....good to know!

Been using Zaino products for a while now, sleekness and shine thumbs up for it but protection wise I would still go for Klasee products.

Fellro

Staff member

Interesting, as it used to be "expert" opinion that the dish soap would also remove the oil of the paint. This of course is in reference to oil based paints... Maybe with the newer water based paints it no longer stands true? The experts in this case were the car mags talking to professional detailers and paint suppliers.

I think newer generation sealant can with stand dish soap, but Carnauba based wax will surely be removed when washed with dish washing soap.

Ford Truck Articles