Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Please Welcome Blacksnapon

Please Welcome BlackSnapon

A lot of you know him by another screen name, please welcome blacksnapon to Ford Truck Fanatics and to the Ford Tech Help Forum. He is a certified FMC master tech with over 30 years experience as a mechanic. He has graciously accepted the job of answering questions about your Ford trucks but will also field questions about S.O.B.'s (Some Other Brands)

Vince, the floor is yours.....
BTW, his trademark black snapon tool box:

Attachments

• 100_0315 (Medium).JPG
Last edited:

Fellro

Staff member
Hey Vince, while I know why you chose that name, and that is my initial thought, these guys are rubbing off an me, and I came to the realization that your screen name can really go a different direction...
With that said, being that the heading is for certified techs, does that rule out those of us that are just certifiable????? Done a lot of time an many vehicles, just never worked out for me to get my ASE certs... passed the tests, just had to get the OJT time to back it up... messing around for myself doesn't count for them.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Hey Vince, while I know why you chose that name, and that is my initial thought, these guys are rubbing off an me, and I came to the realization that your screen name can really go a different direction...
With that said, being that the heading is for certified techs, does that rule out those of us that are just certifiable????? Done a lot of time an many vehicles, just never worked out for me to get my ASE certs... passed the tests, just had to get the OJT time to back it up... messing around for myself doesn't count for them.
There is something to be said about hands on experience! You can have all the book training possible, and still have no clue about automotive without the grease under the fingernails disease.

Fellro

Staff member
I still figure I went into tech school knowing more than many came out with... I had the opportunity to tear vehicles apart, and not really worry about having to put them back together... So then when we got to that part of the schooling, i wasn't seeing it for the first time, and it was an "Oh, that's how that works kind of moment"... Also over 20 years of messing around with them can't be too bad... I do a lot of freelance work.

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
There is something to be said about hands on experience! You can have all the book training possible, and still have no clue about automotive without the grease under the fingernails disease.

Er, Vince, we need to work on that.......A man with the handle "blacksnapon" should NEVER be talking about "hands on experience" :D

Gunner

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
VINCE!! Sup?? When we gonna test my truck and see if the VVT is at default with the EGR off?? :D

Fellro

Staff member
Er, Vince, we need to work on that.......A man with the handle "blacksnapon" should NEVER be talking about "hands on experience" :D

Gunner
it was only a matter of time...:rofl: :blah:

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
it was only a matter of time...:rofl: :blah:

Get it out of the way early that way we can concentrate on more important things :D

Gunner

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Welcome aboard Vince!

Welcome, Vince!!!

It's always a pleasure to glean knowledge from your words, sir. I really enjoy the way you put everything in understandable terms, and don't try to talk above someone's head.
Like the GEICO commercial says:

It's so easy, even a Terry could do it~!
Geicocaveman.jpg

If it was easy, we wouldn't need Vince or Bowtie, however, WE do NEED them!! :D
Just in case you missed my POINT, Toddley, I was referring to THEIR ability to MAKE it simple....

so I shoulda said, It's so simple Todd could ALMOST do it?????????????

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts