Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > General > Hobbies > 'Puters

'Puters Tech help! Hardware, Software... Truck guys can be geeks too.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:43 AM
Arrogant A-hole At-Large

LEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond repute
Setting up wifi connection with iPhone

So I got my internet service yesterday, I didn't have my laptop with me, and decided to set up with my iphone5. I'm using a Linksys N600/E2500 dual band wifi router. I see my network, I connect to it, I go to the Linksys domain to set up passwords and secure. I get through the whole process with no issues, the instructions say it'll disconnect me, then I need to reconnect to my network and type the password. I reconnect, enter my password, my wifi icon on the phone shows I have connectivity, but when I hop online, it says it's unable to connect to the network. Tried doing it with Bailee's iphone 5c, had the same results. Thoughts, suggestions, advice???

If I can't get it, I'll just set it up with a real computer...but at this point, it's the principle.

'77 250 400 Boggers (show)__'96 350 CC 460 SSR's (work)__'79 Bronco 400 35's (play)

Quote:
Inspired by Ian
We live in a society that keeps finding answers to problems people never knew they had.
I bow my head to Jesus, stand for my family, love only one woman, and am always proud of what I have.

Standing by my gun and Bible since 1986.

Ben
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2014, 09:25 AM
Arrogant A-hole At-Large

LEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond repute
Ended up getting it...when I set up the wireless, I apparently had more than one place to set up my security modes, and wasn't consistent...one was set at WPA and the other was WPA2. I don't have a clue what either of those mean, but when I made them the same, everything worked.

All phones work, all laptops work and the tv works.

'77 250 400 Boggers (show)__'96 350 CC 460 SSR's (work)__'79 Bronco 400 35's (play)

Quote:
Inspired by Ian
We live in a society that keeps finding answers to problems people never knew they had.
I bow my head to Jesus, stand for my family, love only one woman, and am always proud of what I have.

Ben
Old 05-23-2014, 12:02 AM
Super Moderator

Super Moderator

SuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on figuring it out and apparently stumping everybody here.

2011 F-150 XLT SuperCrew EcoBoost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I have some other options if those don't work.

What's your view on sheep?
Old 05-23-2014, 01:34 AM
just growing older not up

polarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond repute
I puzzled this out last year.

Old 05-23-2014, 08:53 AM
Arrogant A-hole At-Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCab View Post
Congrats on figuring it out and apparently stumping everybody here.
I was gonna either go with such a stupid question, no one wanted to quantify it with a response, or it's a commie iPhone and everyone wanted me to endure whatever struggle I came across.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbear View Post
I puzzled this out last year.

Yeah...I'll be the first to say electronics/technology aren't my strong points...so I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and got all the TV's, internet, surround sound, etc working.

Although...I knew I was 100% on my own when I went to the store, asked a couple questions about the wireless routers, and the sales clerk literally said 'Just go with this one, my buddy's dad has it, and he has a really big house. I get good signal in the bonus room, and that has to go through like 2 walls to get there.'

Quote:
Inspired by Ian

Ben