Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need an idea on scrap weight on a couple trucks

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Hey all, looking at getting these, for the front axle off the truck.

Any idea on about how much these would weigh for scrap...?

Looking to see if I can make my money back or not.

I would need both to wiegh in at a minimum of 9000. think thats doable?

Also if anyone needs anything off of them let me know. I am going to call on them tomorrow.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Doc...check the 1974 Facts book in the manual subforum...it lists weights

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Sweet! Thanks

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I know I got $253 for a stripped down 97 f150. just cab and front end at $200 a ton.

Just trying to see if I could break even or be out only a little for the front axle off the 4x4 and the transfer case.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
If that is the case, minus engine and trans I should weigh in at about 3500-4000 then I would think...Might be worth checking out.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Check the book weights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
1974 F250 4x4 curb weight...4400# ish...they are not as heavy as our old minds think they are!

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
I had 38"tires full heavy wall pipe sliders and brush guard.extra springs and two tanks full of gas.
Probably two hundred or more pounds of tools and other junk in the cab

Last edited:

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Check the book weights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did!!! LMAO

I think they will be worth the check out any way. You all think there is a market if I parted them out? or just scrap them and move on?

make sure to post pics so we can all get some parts before they're gone forever.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The 76...say 4400 is the weight complete, minus engine puts you in at roughly 3800#'s...minus front axle and tcase you're at about 3400#'s. Minus the bed and front clip you're probably talking 2900#'s. For the 2by, let's say you're talking 4000#'s to start...minus engine and trans, you're looking at about 3250#'s. So now you're talking a combined weight of 6150, last time I scrapped anything (about 6 months ago) I was sitting at $10/100lbs...so you'd be looking at about $615.

Now lets look at the 2by...***IF*** it's a solid bed, you could be talking $500, solid fenders...$50/ea, solid doors...$75/ea. So if you part those out, you could potentially be looking at $750, but how long you'd sit on them I dunno (but those are very reasonable prices if they're solid pieces). Plus the $290 you'd get in scrap for the 76, you could potentially stand to make a few bucks.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
The 76...say 4400 is the weight complete, minus engine puts you in at roughly 3800#'s...minus front axle and tcase you're at about 3400#'s. Minus the bed and front clip you're probably talking 2900#'s. For the 2by, let's say you're talking 4000#'s to start...minus engine and trans, you're looking at about 3250#'s. So now you're talking a combined weight of 6150, last time I scrapped anything (about 6 months ago) I was sitting at $10/100lbs...so you'd be looking at about $615.

Now lets look at the 2by...***IF*** it's a solid bed, you could be talking $500, solid fenders...$50/ea, solid doors...$75/ea. So if you part those out, you could potentially be looking at $750, but how long you'd sit on them I dunno (but those are very reasonable prices if they're solid pieces). Plus the $290 you'd get in scrap for the 76, you could potentially stand to make a few bucks.

LOL thats what I did with the 97 i bought. I ended up MAKING $450 off the truck and got my engine, hood, and other misc pieces for free.

I am thinking about going after it.

You're doing this for a Dana 44 ?

Why not find a Dana 60 Front axle instead?

The trucks complete weigh around 4400 lbs

That stripped down truck the way it is would weigh about 1800 lbs M/G

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I have no need for the Dana 60. The 44 would hold up plenty good on my truck.

primetime

sawmill slave
76 F-150, reg cab, swb, 2wd. No engine or trans, with some stuff in the back, 3000 lbs.

78 Bronco, no engine, trans, transfer case, or axles, nothing in it, 3000 lbs.

78 F-250 4x4, no engine, trans, transfer case, front axle:wasntme: or bed, about 2200 if I remember correctly. Knowing what I know now, that one was worth alot more than the front axle and the $230 I got out of it.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Ok would you all take what I need and turn around and sell them again on craigslist?

Ford Truck Articles