Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

79 F150 new goodies

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
It's a Holley 390, which is what Offy recommends for this intake. We shall see how it goes. Have not fired it up yet, doing electrical.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Another engine shot, and side shot. Could not get a pic from farther out, my dads boat is parked next to it. The tires are 255/85R16. Measured out to 33.5x10 when mounted up.
9838d9422fc3b34d6ff115620c4c0da4.jpg
4b59b30b9cf3052f55922d0910e3c1b8.jpg

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
too bad you didnt paint the intake too... silver woulda been a good color for it.. carb coulda been painted blue to match the engine...

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
It's a Holley 390, which is what Offy recommends for this intake. We shall see how it goes. Have not fired it up yet, doing electrical.
You'll like it. With the headers, it'll wake right up.

and when you hit the skinny pedal to the floor, and the secondy's open up, it will set you back in the seat.

keeping it in the primary's will give you better gas mileage than it got stock. Hard to do, it's pretty cool hearing it growl

Sparky, the intake is aluminum, so he can polish it later down the road. make it all purrrrdy

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
It got sidelined last fall, but I just pulled it out of the shop to load it up so I can haul it in to an automotive electrician to redo/update all the wiring. :)
e43a44653cbca5fd7ec2610d1ee5ed55.jpg

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Sweet! They going to put in an OEM, aftermarket or custom harness?

Hopefully it will be well grounded.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
He is going to do a custom setup. The guy is an electrical genius, has been doing automotive electrical for at least 30+ years. He has sorted out many electrical gremlins on our farm stuff before, haha.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Yeah, this thing has been collecting dust for far too long.

It was the first truck, first vehicle even, that I ever drove, sitting on my Dads lap before my feet came close to reaching the pedals. He gave it to me in high school, and I started the tear down, getting it prepped for paint. Then life and deployments happened.

Until this engine work started, It had been sitting lonely in the shop for 17 years...

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Hey stranger! Nice to see you :rofl:
I have been so swamped, I almost forgot what the internet was... Not a bad thing, lol.

I quit my job and have taken up ranching with my Dad full time. Its great being around home every day and not having to leave for work, only seeing the family on weekends, maybe...

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
I have been so swamped, I almost forgot what the internet was... Not a bad thing, lol.

I quit my job and have taken up ranching with my Dad full time. Its great being around home every day and not having to leave for work, only seeing the family on weekends, maybe...

Glad to hear you're doing well buddy YelloThumbUp

Ford Truck Articles