Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1996 f150 please help!!!!!!

i have a 1996 f150 2wd regular cab. about three days ago the fuel pumps were replaced both front tank and rear tank..... now the truck will intermittantly stall whill driving at different speeds from 75 mph to 30 mph when it stalls it will not fire for about 10 to 15 mins.... any suggestions????????:headbang: :headbang:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Is it doing this on both the front and rear tanks? Was anything else serviced besides the two in-tank pumps?

Last edited:

blacksnapon

Staff member
First off, why were the pumps changed? What size motor, trans?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
If both tanks are doing it then its probably not the pumps causing the problem... Have you tried pulling the codes yet?

blacksnapon

Staff member
I'd be looking at ignition issues. If there is an ignition component going bad, depending on your engine, after stalling, they seem to "fix themselves" after they cool off.

I'd be looking at ignition issues. If there is an ignition component going bad, depending on your engine, after stalling, they seem to "fix themselves" after they cool off.

could that be even if the truck only stall once in a 40 mile drive then maybe 2 or three times on a shorter drive, its real spuratic.... got me scratching my head.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Pull your plugs and see if they're fowled. If not you might want to replace them anyways depending on age. Do a full tune-up and run some Seafoam through the gas tank and brake booster line. Should run like brand new ;)

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Seafoam is a cleaner that can be used to clean many different parts of internal combustion engines.

http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUp.htm

It can usually be picked up at your local auto parts store.

thecablemaster1968 said:
i replaced the map sensor, plugs wires cap roter coil idel air sensor throttle pos. sensor fuel filter and oil about three weeks ago

Did this problem start before or after you installed all of these things?

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings

Ford Truck Articles