Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

wondered how long it'd take

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Turns out the answer was fifteen-and-a-half months.

The question? How long would it be before I let somebody else drive my '09 Ranger out of my sight.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
That was quick. I have had my mustang for close to 30 years now and nobody has drove it out site except my Dad one time. He said it wasn't fit to drive on the road to many HP.
I let my wife drive it once with me sitting in the passenger seat for 1 mile. She about lost it when she stepped on the gas at about 35mph and it broke traction and was going sideways down the road.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Yeah...I'm not much on letting people drive my trucks, but I've got a short list of people I will. I think I've let four people drive it since I bought it, but this was the first time I wasn't in the front seat.

As it happened, my kid sister was the one who needed to take it somewhere. I kinda always figured it'd be Dad who'd need it first, but so far he hasn't had to borrow it.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Yeah...I'm not much on letting people drive my trucks, but I've got a short list of people I will. I think I've let four people drive it since I bought it, but this was the first time I wasn't in the front seat.

As it happened, my kid sister was the one who needed to take it somewhere. I kinda always figured it'd be Dad who'd need it first, but so far he hasn't had to borrow it.
smilieIagree I've let my son drive the Marquis once in the last 8 years.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
The only people who have driven my truck since we've owned it are my grandfather (He test drove it before we bought it), Mom, who drives it maybe 5% of the time, and I drive it the other 95% of the time.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I feel the same way, so don't feel bad. I don't know that I've let anyone have free reign over the red truck. I've let Erica drive while I'm in the passenger seat though.

Ryan

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Let my mother borrow my dent once... never realize how much adjusting can be done!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
My dad is the only one to have driven Red since I've owned it, and that's less than a few times. One time my brother and I swapped his Jeep and my Bronco for a week when I was moving out and taking a lot of trips back and forth to Knoxville. Bailee is the only one besides myself to drive the Mustang, but I was in the passenger seat.

racsan

4xford
ive only had a couple of people drive my '93. dad and one other close freind. my wife cant (wont) drive it because its a std, she refuses to learn. my daughter just turned 16, im wanting her to know how to drive a manual, so i guess im going to have to teach her on it. going to put smaller rear tires on it to make it a bit easier on her.

dixie_boysles

Joshua 24:15
MA, NC
only my fiance has EVER drove my truck down the road out of my sight and ive had mine 2 1/2 years

Ford Truck Articles