Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

6.7 turbo

blacksnapon

Staff member
"dual boost" turbo is Honeywell manufactured.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Ok, what is "Dual Boost" then?
This could be interpreted a couple of ways. It has vgt and "regular vanes", which could be one way, the other way, there is two intake hoses into the turbo, one is "regulated" by the size of the opening, the other is more "open".

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
That sounds like they're using one turbo in a way that some use two turbos in a sequential form. Yeah, I'm confused. :)

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Just curious, why do the older ones, like my 6.0 use more? Mine would go up to 36-37 stock. I guess the newer ones are just more efficient?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Just curious, why do the older ones, like my 6.0 use more? Mine would go up to 36-37 stock. I guess the newer ones are just more efficient?
36-37 is far from stock. The 6.0 in proper form would develop 23-25 psi. 36 or above sounds like stuck vanes.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
36-37 is far from stock. The 6.0 in proper form would develop 23-25 psi. 36 or above sounds like stuck vanes.
I still remember when I brought her home from the dealership that she would peak between 30-35, but I guess I'm wrong. I know that the 64mm hit 45 going down the strip. :)

Thanks for all the info you're posting Vince. It's very interesting!!

Interesting that there is a wastegate on a VGT.....do you think it was added mainly as a precautionary measure in the event of sticking vanes that might cause an overboost condition?

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Interesting that there is a wastegate on a VGT.....do you think it was added mainly as a precautionary measure in the event of sticking vanes that might cause an overboost condition?
Note, it has VGT vanes AND regular fixed vanes. Weird, aint' it!

Ford Truck Articles