Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Another Article on the 6.7 from FMC

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Great read about the new engine, thank you for posting it!

I think Ford's contract with Navistar is up the first of the year or before that. I read somewhere (on the internet, so you know it's true :rolleyes: ) that the order banks are accepting orders for the 6.7 in Superdutys.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Anyone know when they will start producing ambulance chassis with the new engine?

My source tells me you will only be able to get a gas engine in the vans I beleive the V-10. I can't wait to see that gutless pig!! lol. Don't know if or when you'll see a diesel van again.

RangerPilot

Boom Shaka Laka
Dallas, TX
On turbocharger service, for example, the body/cab no longer has to be removed from the frame to access the turbo...
Oh wow, what a thought, a vehicle that someone other than Ford can actually work on, what a concept.

I have been told by an ambulancd salesman that the last date to order the 6.4 equiped chassis will be November 20th. After that date all Ambulance chassis will be with the new engine and that it has a ton of pollution junk on it. He said there is a tank that needs to be kept full of a fluid that is used in reduceing emissions. It will need to be refilled after every so many fill ups.

What do any of you know about this?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Urea injection tank. Our dealer still knows nothing about potentially having to stock this stuff. An e-mail from one of my instructors says that at this point, training is scheduled for second quarter 2010.

WOOPS, It is not 4gal but 5 gal containers.

"Urea plays an important role in the metabolism of nitrogen-containing compounds by animals, and is the main nitrogen-containing substance in the urine of mammals."

Can we just pee in the tank?

Ford Truck Articles