Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generations 8-9

Generations 8-9 1987-1996 F150 + 1987-1997 F250, F350

Old 06-28-2020, 04:01 PM
don't play well w others

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
Lol. I doubt it. Reverse rotation is serpinten belt, standard is v belt. Check which way that your belt goes around the pulley, and direction it turns.
I seriously doubt you were running a pump backwards, as when you take the old one open you will see the impeller is directional.
If you were running one backwards, it would not have pumped the water and would have overheated

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2020, 07:20 PM

fordgirl is on a distinguished road
So Iím reading another guy did the same thing and that the pump IS REVERSE just labeled confusingly. The flat blades point Right, so I think Iím good?

Next issue, the oil pan corner silicon stock gaskets...some tore off when I removed cover and I did get new cork ones, but do people cut the old silicon ones off before applying the cork or put cork over these? They appear to be part of a one piece gasket, so I would need to cut it at the block. However, it appears to be metal with silicon...how do people cut these?
Old 06-28-2020, 08:06 PM
don't play well w others

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
Small zip gun, or a hacksaw blade in a handle. Use a vacuum cleaner at the area cutting.
If you leave those ends it will leak really bad.
Just take your time. All kinds a room to work in there.....lol

And yes on the waterpump
Old 06-28-2020, 08:17 PM

Well that sounds like a good time, I’ll get started on it tomorrow.

I really appreciate you helping me stumble through this real time, thanks dustybumpers!!!
Old 06-28-2020, 08:19 PM
don't play well w others

No problem
One day you can help someone else.

Old 07-04-2020, 11:07 AM

So I’ve got all my new parts except the timing cover, I can’t seem to find an exact match and even the stealership doesn’t have one. My main concern is all the new ones are missing this tab on the side that mine has, but I have no idea what it’s for, if anything. So maybe it doesn’t matter??

https://youtu.be/ukb-qy0jkGA
Old 07-04-2020, 11:13 AM

heavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to behold
I would say is for an optional accessory you ain't got, or a different engine configuration. If you don't need it and it's not being used, I wouldn't worry about it.
20 Kenworth T270

"DOC"
Old 07-04-2020, 01:38 PM
don't play well w others

Cant open on my phone, I'll have a look this evening

Never mind. Finally got it to open.
No worries on the tab. That is drilled out for cam timing position sensor on maf trucks.
You dont need it you still have a map computer

Last edited by dustybumpers; 07-04-2020 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-04-2020, 03:06 PM

Thank you!!!!!
Old 07-05-2020, 02:50 PM

Ok...so got the new chain on while at TDC. Everything was lined up perfectly but while tightening the cam bolt the engine rotated. I’m still good right? Truck is no longer at TDC, but since the chain and gears were on they rotated together? I don’t need to match up to TDC again do I?